X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

He’s been awful. He has no chance to play in the playoffs unless they are getting killed.

Yankees facing good Oakland pitching and this is a preview of what you will see in the playoffs. Ironically it could be against the As.
    I can't help but think of the time when Billy Martin brought in Sparky Lyle to save the game in the 4th inning against Kansas City.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by Tjay View Post
    Happ has been a disappointment this year.
    He’s been awful. He has no chance to play in the playoffs unless they are getting killed.

Yankees facing good Oakland pitching and this is a preview of what you will see in the playoffs. Ironically it could be against the As.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Happ has been a disappointment this year.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Does anyone know who did the game with Bob Costa’s last night? I just watched the hilights and it sounded like Jim Kaat who is my favorite of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied

Well the Yanks were finally in that same position yesterday. Jeeeeesh. The Yanks pitching scares me.
    Ouch, just saw the box score.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

Well the Yanks were finally in that same position yesterday. Jeeeeesh. The Yanks pitching scares me.
    Meh, every team has games like yesterday. That in and of itself doesn't bother me.

But yes, if there is a weak spot it is starting pitching, which of course is probably the most important part of post season success.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by Tjay View Post
    6-1 in the 4th. I almost feel sorry for the O's, almost.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    6-1 in the 4th. I almost feel sorry for the O's, almost.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    I’m just not comfortable with Chapman any longer. He runs a full count on what seems to be every batter as has control issues and he lost some velocity. If you can get Betances back he’d be my closer. I’d dump Chapman at the end of the year. I think he has an option. Let him walk
    What about putting Zack Britton in the closer role?

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

You have a short memory!

As a closer I am still taking Chapman over Betances. Especially since Betances has not pitched this season. But even if he had I would still trust Chapman more.
    Betances will be back soon and you will see, he will be lights out. If you use Chapman in a big game vs a very good opponent, he is going to blow games in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

I have much more confidence in Betances than Chapman.
    You have a short memory!

As a closer I am still taking Chapman over Betances. Especially since Betances has not pitched this season. But even if he had I would still trust Chapman more.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I didn't see today's game but yeah, Chapman is not what he used to be.

But a hard no on Betances as the closer. It's been tried and was always a miserable failure.
    I have much more confidence in Betances than Chapman.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    I’m just not comfortable with Chapman any longer. He runs a full count on what seems to be every batter as has control issues and he lost some velocity. If you can get Betances back he’d be my closer. I’d dump Chapman at the end of the year. I think he has an option. Let him walk
    I didn't see today's game but yeah, Chapman is not what he used to be.

But a hard no on Betances as the closer. It's been tried and was always a miserable failure.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Yes the rest of the world knows how they buy their teams cough cough Yankee's = Rangers
    That was true but has not been for a while.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X