X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by Tjay View Post
    Another nice expensive signing would be nice.
    Of course

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Another nice expensive signing would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    RIP

https://twitter.com/CBSNewYork/statu...062640640?s=19

BREAKING: Tragedy has struck the baseball world. Yankees pitcher Don Larsen -- the only man in history to throw a perfect game in the World Series -- has passed away at the age of 90. More here: https://t.co/7Nwexp62Zh #CBSNewYork

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Okay, so now who else can we sign?
    ****in Yankee's fans

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Okay, so now who else can we sign?

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
    And trade Andujar!! He has a lot of value, but for the Yankees he is another power right handed hitter who strikes out a lot and is bad defensively. I'd like to see the Yanks start moving more in the direction of guys like DJ who are contact first hitters. If we add a left handed bat in that mold, that will make this team that much better.
    Andujar could be a candidate to play first. DJ won't be available for that spot again and Voit (who I love) is still a bit of an unknown.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    And trade Andujar!! He has a lot of value, but for the Yankees he is another power right handed hitter who strikes out a lot and is bad defensively. I'd like to see the Yanks start moving more in the direction of guys like DJ who are contact first hitters. If we add a left handed bat in that mold, that will make this team that much better.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    Getting Cole is a potential game changer. You must have studs at the top of the rotation now to win in the playoffs. Cole is one, hopefully Sevy comes back to be the other one. Then having Tanaka and Paxton behind them is a very strong rotation and fixes the part of the team that was costing them in the post season.
    Agreed. This changes absolutely everything!

I actually see it though this way:

Cole
    Paxton
    Then Severino
    Tanaka
    then who cares?

Paxton was absolutely awesome from the 2nd half on last year. They changed something in his mechanics and the pace of his delivery and he is outstanding.

Even with the loss of Didi (which I'm disappointed on), the Yanks have to be the clear favorite for the WS next year.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Getting Cole is a potential game changer. You must have studs at the top of the rotation now to win in the playoffs. Cole is one, hopefully Sevy comes back to be the other one. Then having Tanaka and Paxton behind them is a very strong rotation and fixes the part of the team that was costing them in the post season.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
    Very happy Yanks got Cole. Totally necessary if you want to win WS. Poor move letting one of your only left handed good hitters, great defender and Yankee favorite go.
    I agree, they should've at least given him the one year deal.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Very happy Yanks got Cole. Totally necessary if you want to win WS. Poor move letting one of your only left handed good hitters, great defender and Yankee favorite go.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

Who plays second base?
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Sorry to see him go but I get it.
    Who plays second base?

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Didi going to the Phillies. I would have kept him.
    Sorry to see him go but I get it.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Didi going to the Phillies. I would have kept him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X