New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

It doesn't take Albert Einstein to figure out what is wrong with the Yankees, but his definition of insanity sure applies to their organization. If you want to know what works, how about you construct your team like you did in the mid 90s and early 2000s. You had guys that stood at the plate and did the following: a) they worked counts to their favor b) they took outside pitches to the opposite field c) they looked to drive the ball (not swing for the fences every single at bat) d) they worked hit and runs. They don't do any of this anymore. All you need is a batting coach to work on these things and also in spring training teach EVERYONE how to bunt and start dropping bunts down the third base line whenever there is a shift. That will keep defenses honest and eliminate the shift if you have all of your players throw this into their repotiore when they step up to the plate. It will give the team the ability to start rallies, something they are incapable of doing right now.

When will the GM stop acquiring guys who hit 30+Hrs with .200 batting averages and start acquiring the contact hitters who hit for higher batting averages? Guys who can hit in the clutch? What planet am I living on where this became obsolete to the game?

Clean house and start with the above, and this team can start having a legitimate shot at winning in the playoffs.
    Cashman has gone all in on analytics. And the analytics say to swing for the fences every time, it's OK to hit 25 HR and strike out 200 times, ignore the shift and try to power through it, etc. And all this is what has caused me to lose interest. I watched last night. There was overlap with the Isles game but I kept an eye on the Yanks until the Isles game ended. Last night reminded me why I lost interest.

Oh, and I guess Gerritt Cole is not worth $300 million. Last night was what they brought him in for and he failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Cashman has gone all in on analytics. And the analytics say to swing for the fences every time, it's OK to hit 25 HR and strike out 200 times, ignore the shift and try to power through it, etc. And all this is what has caused me to lose interest. I watched last night. There was overlap with the Isles game but I kept an eye on the Yanks until the Isles game ended. Last night reminded me why I lost interest.

Oh, and I guess Gerritt Cole is not worth $300 million. Last night was what they brought him in for and he failed.
      100%!!! Back to not watching this ruined sport which was once great.

Comment

• It absolutely blows my mind that these players can't lay down a bunt on the shift. Talk about easy hits!
        THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Did the Yankees run out of money?
          "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• I love Paul O'Neill but the Yankees totally overdo it with retired numbers.

https://www.audacy.com/wfan/sports/y...m_term=WFAN-AM

Yankees to retire Paul O'Neill's No. 21 on August 21

No. 21 forever belongs to The Warrior.

The New York Yankees announced Tuesday morning that the team will retire No. 21 for Paul O’Neill on Sunday, August 21, prior to the Yankees-Blue Jays game. All fans in attendance will receive a commemorative Paul O’Neill Day game ticket as well.

Comment

• I just heard the Yankees are riding a 9 game winning streak. I had know idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                I just heard the Yankees are riding a 9 game winning streak. I had know idea.
                Yep they are rolling right now.

Comment

• Love it!

https://twitter.com/sportswatch/stat...ZGgX8n78w&s=19

#Isles TV announcer @brendanmburke will fill in for John Sterling, as will @YankeesWFAN, on upcoming road games. https://t.co/DvjYiBf3ml

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                    Love it!

https://twitter.com/sportswatch/stat...ZGgX8n78w&s=19

#Isles TV announcer @brendanmburke will fill in for John Sterling, as will @YankeesWFAN, on upcoming road games. https://t.co/DvjYiBf3ml
                    Until he leaves us for the Yanks

Comment

• Brendan is doing the next few games on radio, starting tonight!

Comment

• Aaron Judge is on pace to hit 64 home runs. Still a long way to go but I'm starting to pay attention. A shame what the steroid era did to the home run records.

Comment

• Aaron Judge is chasing history and the Yankees gave him the day off today to rest. Isn't that what the DH is for? Freaking morons.

Comment

Working...
                          X