New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

First off, this runner at 2nd base thing is an absolute joke and they have ruined the integrity of the game.

Secondly, I've been saying this for about 5 years now. If you don't change your organizational philosophy by assembling and managing a team surrounded by every at bat swinging for the fences, you will never win the WS.

The game of baseball has been ruined. They should rename it "Homerun Derby".
    I had to get my ribbing in early. I think the Jays did the same thing last year against the Yanks and I'm pretty sure I got my ribbing in quick because I knew there may not be another opportunity
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post
      Well that was a good start to the season the Yanks don't even get a loser point
      What are yooouuu doing in here? OUT!
      "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

First off, this runner at 2nd base thing is an absolute joke and they have ruined the integrity of the game.

Secondly, I've been saying this for about 5 years now. If you don't change your organizational philosophy by assembling and managing a team surrounded by every at bat swinging for the fences, you will never win the WS.

The game of baseball has been ruined. They should rename it "Homerun Derby".
        I couldn't agree more. If they want to speed up the game, shorten the commercial breaks. I have no problem watching a game that goes into the wee hours of the morning because both sides are battling it out. Anyone here see the Mets fireworks game against the Braves? 35 years later and I still remember it well. 19 innings and it ended at 4 am. One of the most fun to watch game I've ever seen. 13 runs scored in extra innings, The man on 2nd rule would have ruined one of the greatest regular season games ever played. Get rid of the intentional walk rule while we're at it. Doesn't happen often, but I've seen batters swing at pitches thrown to close, or baserunners stealing a bag, or the pitch throwing it over the catchers head. Stop messing with the integrity of the game!
        Last edited by Tjay; 04-05-2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• I'm watching my first Yankees game of the season.

Montgomery looks good so far through 4.

Sanchez is Josh Bailey. They won't give up on him and I just don't see.it.
          "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
            I'm watching my first Yankees game of the season.

Montgomery looks good so far through 4.

Sanchez is Josh Bailey. They won't give up on him and I just don't see.it.
            Took my lunch break and caught the homers by Judge and Stanton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

Took my lunch break and caught the homers by Judge and Stanton.
              Stanton absolutely crushed it.

Michael Kay just said this is the 8th time Stanton and Judge have homered in the same game. They have won the previous 7.

Comment

What are yooouuu doing in here? OUT!
                lol I'm outta here

Comment

I couldn't agree more. If they want to speed up the game, shorten the commercial breaks. I have no problem watching a game that goes into the wee hours of the morning because both sides are battling it out. Anyone here see the Mets fireworks game against the Braves? 35 years later and I still remember it well. 19 innings and it ended at 4 am. One of the most fun to watch game I've ever seen. 13 runs scored in extra innings, The man on 2nd rule would have ruined one of the greatest regular season games ever played. Get rid of the intentional walk rule while we're at it. Doesn't happen often, but I've seen batters swing at pitches thrown to close, or baserunners stealing a bag, or the pitch throwing it over the catchers head. Stop messing with the integrity of the game!
                  Tjay,
                  I watched that whole game! Maybe the best and most fun regular season game I've ever watched in my lifetime. Rick Camp the fat pitcher for the Braves even hit a home run to tie it in the wee hours of the morning. That game was incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Stanton absolutely crushed it.

Michael Kay just said this is the 8th time Stanton and Judge have homered in the same game. They have won the previous 7.
                    I'm not watching any games right now, but for board purposes will not state the reason why, but that should be obvious why.

Comment

• Can we put Aaron Boone on a watch list? Maybe start one for Cashman as well? How is Brian's reputation up in NY?

Comment

• Good luck guys

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                          Good luck guys
                          I feel guilty rooting for them since I didn't watch most of the games. Heck, I may even watch the Islander game over it. I also have a game at 11PM, so I will be missing the end.

Comment

I feel guilty rooting for them since I didn't watch most of the games. Heck, I may even watch the Islander game over it. I also have a game at 11PM, so I will be missing the end.
                            I am also debating what to watch. I may put the Isles game on my laptop and the Yankee game on the TV. Shows how far I have come. This never would have been a decision in the past, playoff baseball vs. preseason hockey.

Comment

• I'm going to have it on the TV while watching the game on the computer. Have to feel pretty good going in to this game with the Yanks just having beaten the Sox 6 in a row.

Comment

• The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

It doesn't take Albert Einstein to figure out what is wrong with the Yankees, but his definition of insanity sure applies to their organization. If you want to know what works, how about you construct your team like you did in the mid 90s and early 2000s. You had guys that stood at the plate and did the following: a) they worked counts to their favor b) they took outside pitches to the opposite field c) they looked to drive the ball (not swing for the fences every single at bat) d) they worked hit and runs. They don't do any of this anymore. All you need is a batting coach to work on these things and also in spring training teach EVERYONE how to bunt and start dropping bunts down the third base line whenever there is a shift. That will keep defenses honest and eliminate the shift if you have all of your players throw this into their repotiore when they step up to the plate. It will give the team the ability to start rallies, something they are incapable of doing right now.

When will the GM stop acquiring guys who hit 30+Hrs with .200 batting averages and start acquiring the contact hitters who hit for higher batting averages? Guys who can hit in the clutch? What planet am I living on where this became obsolete to the game?

Clean house and start with the above, and this team can start having a legitimate shot at winning in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X