No announcement yet.

New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanks up 8-2 right now on the Rockies. Seventh inning, they just have so many bats in that line-up. Encarnacion with a grand slam, Judge with a homer. And, Stanton should be back sometime, not sure when. Best record in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISLESfan17202 View Post
      Yanks up 8-2 right now on the Rockies. Seventh inning, they just have so many bats in that line-up. Encarnacion with a grand slam, Judge with a homer. And, Stanton should be back sometime, not sure when. Best record in baseball.
      Feels like it could be our year.
      “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

• Mussina and Mariano were inducted into the Hall of Fame today. I'm not sure Mussina really belongs but who am I to argue?

No one has ever been more deserving than Mo. Not only was he the best ever at his position but he was a role model and class personified. His speech was great. Congrats, Mo!

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
          Mussina and Mariano were inducted into the Hall of Fame today. I'm not sure Mussina really belongs but who am I to argue?

No one has ever been more deserving than Mo. Not only was he the best ever at his position but he was a role model and class personified. His speech was great. Congrats, Mo!
          Moose was good for many years, but he wasn't elite. I wouldn't have voted him in.
          "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• I know Greinke has a lot of money on his contract for the next 2 years and that he is a little flakey, but I want him. It will be interesting to see what they do today.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
              I know Greinke has a lot of money on his contract for the next 2 years and that he is a little flakey, but I want him. It will be interesting to see what they do today.
              If anything, I expect nothing more than bullpen help. It seems the Yankees either don't have the assets or they are unwilling to trade the assets necessary to land a quality starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

If anything, I expect nothing more than bullpen help. It seems the Yankees either don't have the assets or they are unwilling to trade the assets necessary to land a quality starter.
                They've needed a real started since the beginning of last season. They are always willing to grab that big bat, but they never grab the big thrower. I don't think they can win the WS without one. The Yankees starting pitching is pedestiran like and when you face the best teams in the playoffs, the bats will cool down and you then have to rely on aforementioned suspect starting pitching.

This is why the Astros were and still are better than the Yanks. They acquired Verlander a couple of years ago.

Comment

They've needed a real started since the beginning of last season. They are always willing to grab that big bat, but they never grab the big thrower. I don't think they can win the WS without one. The Yankees starting pitching is pedestiran like and when you face the best teams in the playoffs, the bats will cool down and you then have to rely on aforementioned suspect starting pitching.

This is why the Astros were and still are better than the Yanks. They acquired Verlander a couple of years ago.
                  It's 15 minutes past 4PM. I feel like an Islander fan.

Very dissapointing.

Comment

• OMG! And Greinke goes to the Astros!!!

Cashman getting owned again. Yanks have no chance getting by them. Way to screw up your season Cashman.

Comment

OMG! And Greinke goes to the Astros!!!

Cashman getting owned again. Yanks have no chance getting by them. Way to screw up your season Cashman.
                      It's going to be a shame when the Yanks lose in the Division Series because their starting pitching isn't good enough.

Comment

It's going to be a shame when the Yanks lose in the Division Series because their starting pitching isn't good enough.
                        The guy has the most money to spend and a wealth of prospects and players. Just terrible management. But we loaded up on right handed bats!!

Awful

Comment

• German 14-2 on the year. I haven't seen him pitch, is he the real deal or just lucky?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                            German 14-2 on the year. I haven't seen him pitch, is he the real deal or just lucky?
                            He's pretty good. I'm not sure he's 14-2 good, but he is the real deal.

Comment

• Torres joined Joe DiMaggio (1937) as the only Yankees to record five multi-homer games in one season prior to their 23rd birthday, slugging solo shots off Brian Johnson in the third inning and off Marcus Walden in the fifth.
                              https://www.mlb.com/news/gleyber-tor...-multi-hr-game
                              That's good company.

Comment

He's pretty good. I'm not sure he's 14-2 good, but he is the real deal.
                                Now if we can only get back Severino

Comment

Working...
                                X