New York Yankees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Traded for Kendrys Morales today. Interesting.
    Don't get too excited his best years are done. Didn't look that great with the Jays and has been declining since.
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Double header for the Yanks today, 3:05 and 6:35.

Comment

• Yankees sweep!

They were showing Mariano at the game. I think he was sitting next to Ledecky.
        “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

• And now Andujar has to have surgery on his right shoulder. More injuries they don’t need.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISLESfan17202 View Post
            And now Andujar has to have surgery on his right shoulder. More injuries they don’t need.
            That one is not a surprise. I was more surprised that he tried to play through it. Mean time, Gio has been fantastic at 3rd.

Kendry Morales on base 3 times in game 2. Good start for him. He could fit well as a complementary piece in this lineup.

Comment

• Big series coming up this weekend with the Rays.

Comment

• Yanks come back for a 4-3 win against the Rays last night, putting them in first place by a half a game. Still a couple of tough games this weekend but I am happy as a clam.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISLESfan17202 View Post
                  Yanks come back for a 4-3 win against the Rays last night, putting them in first place by a half a game. Still a couple of tough games this weekend but I am happy as a clam.
                  Get a couple of more guys back and we should be in good shape.

Comment

• Yanks beat the Orioles, pretty good, again. Rather sad what has happened to the O’s. Lot of Orioles fans surrounding me, some friends. But, it happens to a lot of teams sooner or later. Yanks should soon have Di Di and Stanton back. That’s a good thing. Subs have been super.

Comment

• I've been saying for a couple of years now to my Yankees friends that the Yankees are built around the home run and it will never work, because in the playoffs, you will be facing the best pitchers in the league and they will quickly shut that down. I wanted so badly for the Yankees to address their starting pitching and also get contact hitters in the lineup.

The best thing that they did was acquire Lemaheu and have a bunch of injuries. Despite Boone saying "I prefer my hitters being home run hitters", with the addition of Lemaheu and the fill ins playing small ball, the Yankees now are learning how to win games other than just hitting home runs. This is what good baseball teams do. They have good starting pitching and they start rallies by guys getting on base and then keep things going with singles, doubles and the occasional home run. They don't live and die by the home run now.

Hopefully Boone realizes this concept when everyone gets healthy.

Comment

Working...
                      X