New York Yankees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

Casey was a little kooky. I remember "the Scooter" complaining that Casey used to make him bat 9th after the pitcher. Phil found it very embarrassing.
    He once PH for Clete Boyer is either the first or 2nd inning of a world series game, no kidding.

Comment

• Hate to sound greedy but if Yanks strike out on both Machado and Harper it will be a hard pill to swallow. I may be in the majority but I think I prefer Harper. I can only imagine the damage his left handed swing can do in Yankee Stadium. I also think they should revisit trading for Mad Bum from SF. Tanaka Paxton and CC all have major injury concerns

Comment

• Originally posted by kjel View Post
        Hate to sound greedy but if Yanks strike out on both Machado and Harper it will be a hard pill to swallow. I may be in the majority but I think I prefer Harper. I can only imagine the damage his left handed swing can do in Yankee Stadium. I also think they should revisit trading for Mad Bum from SF. Tanaka Paxton and CC all have major injury concerns
        I don't want Harper, and I am not sold on Machado either. If the plan is to stay at or near the luxurty tax threshold, I would prefer to put more money into pitching.
        “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I don't want Harper, and I am not sold on Machado either. If the plan is to stay at or near the luxurty tax threshold, I would prefer to put more money into pitching.
          Well with pitching they will have to go the trade route unless they maybe sign Kuechel. I think Mad Bum would be a good idea if SF makes him available. I wanted Kluber but it sounds like the asking price wasn't reasonable. I could just see Harper being a left handed version of Judge in Yankee stadium. Unless they think they have a real shot of signing Trout in a couple of years. I understand why the Yanks went under the luxury tax last year ( to reset the penalty) but they really shouldn't be $30M or $40M below Boston going forward

Comment

• RIP Mel

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/stat...63870194384897

LEGEND: Mel Stottlemyre, New York baseball legend, dead at 77 Ace of the Yankee pitching staffs was a 5x All-Star A tutor for Doc Gooden, Ron Darling, Sid Fernandez, Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens among others

Comment

• I was 9 years old when he came up and saved the season for the Yankees, if he came up earlier say 1960 or later say late 1970's or during the Torre run, he would be a hall of fame candidate. He won with really crappy Yankee teams 20 games either 2 or 3 times, he really was a great pitcher and a better pitching coach. RIP.

Comment

• So well deserved

https://twitter.com/WFAN660/status/1...307596800?s=19

Legendary #Yankees closer Mariano Rivera made history Tuesday, becoming the first player in MLB history to be voted into the Hall of Fame unanimously. https://t.co/OxbD0k7z7T

Comment

• Moose gets in, too! And a Blue Jay for TK.

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/sta...963681280?s=19

Congratulations to Mo Rivera, (unanimous), Roy Halladay, Edgar Martinez and Mike Mussina on being elected to the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Moose gets in, too! And a Blue Jay for TK.

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/sta...963681280?s=19

Congratulations to Mo Rivera, (unanimous), Roy Halladay, Edgar Martinez and Mike Mussina on being elected to the Hall of Fame.
                    Very happy for Roy even though I know it was a given. Still bummed about what happened to him.
                    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

A few of the writers won't vote for Mariano, and that will be a travesty.

As for Pettitte, as great a Yankee as he was, I don't think he belongs in the HOF. Just my opinion.

http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...t_id=300903866
                      Moose got in and he has 14 more wins than Pettitte. Overall, I thought Andy was the better pitcher, I'd put him in.
                      "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Moose got in and he has 14 more wins than Pettitte. Overall, I thought Andy was the better pitcher, I'd put him in.
                        I agree that Pettitte should be in over Mussina. But I don't think either one belong. I am very tough when it comes to things like Hall of Fame and retiring numbers.

Comment

I agree that Pettitte should be in over Mussina. But I don't think either one belong. I am very tough when it comes to things like Hall of Fame and retiring numbers.
                          I agree, Moose was good, not great, consistent, but not dominating. I just don't see how they could put one in over the other? I think Andy only got 9% of the vote. I don't understand the discrepancy.

Comment

• Adam Ottavino on joining Yankees: 'A dream come true'

Ottavino went 6-4 with a 2.43 ERA, six saves and 112 strikeouts in 77 2/3 innings with the Rockies last season. In his eight-year career, he has a 3.68 ERA and a 2.67 strikeout-to-walk ratio.

The Yankees have told him they plan to be judicious with that jewel that is their bullpen and use each reliever in a way that doesn’t overly tax one arm. Ottavino joins another offseason acquisition — Zach Britton, who re-signed with the Yankees — along with Dellin Betances and closer Aroldis Chapman. Throw Chad Green and Jonathan Holder into the mix, and that's a formidable relief corps.
                            https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseb...ees-1.26434503
                            Don't know who he is but the strikeout rate is impressive. I would still like to see a quality starter added to the rotation.

Comment

Don't know who he is but the strikeout rate is impressive. I would still like to see a quality starter added to the rotation.
                              Killer bullpen. I agree, one more starter needed.

Comment

Killer bullpen. I agree, one more starter needed.
                                So badly!!

Comment

Working...
                                X