X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's go Astros.
    “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

• Sorry for your loss boys but now it is time for 100% focus on the Isles ...............sad face for your loss

Now chin up Lets go Islanders ...............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand happy face
      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Baseball, Shamesball. I've got me some Islander Hockey to watch.
        "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• New York Yankees: Patrick Corbin, LHP
          For all the talk we're sure to hear about shortstop Manny Machado, the Yankees' biggest need is starting pitching, and Corbin is the best available arm. Adding a left-handed starter is the ideal situation for New York, and Corbin has said he grew up rooting for the Yankees. With their luxury-tax reset, shelling out a hefty contract or two shouldn't be an issue for the Yankees this offseason..
          https://www.mlb.com/news/best-free-a...?tid=282421090
          I always enjoy a Yankee offseason. They usally make a splash. That being said I want nothing to do with Machado. He's lazy and doesn't give 100%. You can get away with that in your 20's, but it's going to catch up with you in your 30's. Signing him will be a huge mistake IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post
            I always enjoy a Yankee offseason. They usally make a splash. That being said I want nothing to do with Machado. He's lazy and doesn't give 100%. You can get away with that in your 20's, but it's going to catch up with you in your 30's. Signing him will be a huge mistake IMO.
            PITCHING
            PITCHING
            PITCHING

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

PITCHING
              PITCHING
              PITCHING
              HOCKEY
              HOCKEY
              HOCKEY
              THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Who's our third baseman, I forget his name.? I'm getting old. He deserved to be ROY and that's not just my opinion, the stats back it up.

Comment

• Miguel Andujar!!

Comment

• A few of the writers won't vote for Mariano, and that will be a travesty.

As for Pettitte, as great a Yankee as he was, I don't think he belongs in the HOF. Just my opinion.

http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...t_id=300903866

Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte headline first-timers on 2019 Baseball Hall of Fame ballot

The 2019 National Baseball Hall of Fame ballot has been unveiled, and a pair of Core Four members headline a number of first-time ballot entrants with New York Yankees ties.

Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte will both be eligible for the first time since their playing days came to an end, along with former Yankees Lance Berkman, Freddy Garcia, Travis Hafner, Ted Lilly, Derek Lowe, Vernon Wells and Kevin Youkilis.

Yankees ballot holdovers from previous years include Roger Clemens, Andruw Jones, Mike Mussina and Gary Sheffield, all of whom can remain on the ballot for up to 10 years, as long as they earn at least 5% of vote. Players must receive at least 75% of the vote to be enshrined.

More than 400 voters from the Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) will be filling out ballots until the cut-off date on December 31, with the eventual Hall of Fame inductees revealed on January 22.

Comment

• Front end of the rotation guy (hopefully)

https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status...382495233?s=19

​Trade: The Yankees have acquired LHP James Paxton from Seattle in exchange for LHP Justus Sheffield, RHP Erik Swanson and OF Dom Thompson-Williams.​​​​​​

Comment

A few of the writers won't vote for Mariano, and that will be a travesty.

As for Pettitte, as great a Yankee as he was, I don't think he belongs in the HOF. Just my opinion.

http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...t_id=300903866
                        Had Pettitte spent his entire career in Pinstripes I'd say he'd be a lock, but he didn't. It would have been quite a feat to be the winningest pitcher in Yankee history, and Pettitte's 256 career wins beats Whitey Ford at 236, but again, he left and spent a few years in Houston.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

Had Pettitte spent his entire career in Pinstripes I'd say he'd be a lock, but he didn't. It would have been quite a feat to be the winningest pitcher in Yankee history, and Pettitte's 256 career wins beats Whitey Ford at 236, but again, he left and spent a few years in Houston.
                          Issue with Ford and he lives in my area is in his first few years, casey did not keep him in the regular rotation, he would jerk him around against certain teams, it wasn't until Ralph Houk took over did he pitch every 4th day. In fact he was shorted in the 1960 world series, if he pitched the pirates never would have won that series.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

Issue with Ford and he lives in my area is in his first few years, casey did not keep him in the regular rotation, he would jerk him around against certain teams, it wasn't until Ralph Houk took over did he pitch every 4th day. In fact he was shorted in the 1960 world series, if he pitched the pirates never would have won that series.
                            Casey was a little kooky. I remember "the Scooter" complaining that Casey used to make him bat 9th after the pitcher. Phil found it very embarrassing.

Comment

• Sorry to see this, loved this guy!

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/sta...47808317280261

The Yankees DFA’d Ronald Torreyes to make room for RHP Parker Bridwell on the 40-man roster.

Comment

I'm sorry to. He's an asset, they couldn't at least trade him?

Comment

Working...
                                X