New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

​I'm glad he is getting help. Hopefully he has a good support system to help him through this struggle. I know someone who literally drank themselves into the grave. I wish him all the best.
    Yeah, as he gets towards the end of his career, he needs to have his head together to face whatever comes after baseball.
    “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
      Yeah, as he gets towards the end of his career, he needs to have his head together to face whatever comes after baseball.
      ​He, hopefully, has a lot of years left to live. Would be a shame to waste it.
      "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Watched some of the game today against Detroit. I really miss the Tiger's old stadium. That was a great ball park.

Comment

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/04/...isher-yankees/
          Nick Swisher Signs Minor League Deal With Yankees

Nick Swisher has signed a minor league contract with the New York Yankees and is expected to join Triple-A Scranton on Thursday.
          The 35-year-old infielder/outfielder, who played for the Yankees from 2009 to 2012, was released by Atlanta late in spring training. He has been slowed the past couple years by knee problems.
          “He was a good player here,” Yankees manager Joe Girardi said before Wednesday’s game at Toronto. “He’s had a couple of frustrating years, years that have been plagued with some injuries. We’re curious to see what he’s got left.”
          Girardi said he expects Swisher to play both outfield and first base at Scranton.

Comment

Can still use the short right feel fence.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/17...n-chicago-cubs
              Cubs acquire star closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with Yankees

The Chicago Cubs have added Aroldis Chapman for their push to the World Series, acquiring the flame-throwing closer in a blockbuster trade with the New York Yankees.

The teams announced the trade Monday, saying that Chapman is expected to join the National League-leading Cubs for their game Tuesday against the crosstown rival Chicago White Sox.

The Yankees received a four-player package, headlined by top shortstop prospect Gleyber Torres, in exchange for Chapman, who was suspended for the first 29 games of this season under baseball's domestic violence policy.
              The Cubs paid a steep price, parting with Torres, versatile pitcher Adam Warren and minor league outfielders Billy McKinney and Rashad Crawford.
              Torres, a 19-year-old at Class A, is the centerpiece of the deal for the Yankees. He is the Cubs' top-ranked prospect and No. 26 in baseball, according to ESPN Insider Keith Law. Torres was scratched about 20 minutes before first pitch Sunday afternoon.

Chicago originally acquired Warren in an earlier trade with the Yankees that sent Starlin Castro to New York. The right-hander went 3-2 with a 5.91 ERA in 29 games this season with the Cubs.

McKinney, 21, is at Double-A. He was part of the 2014 trade that brought Addison Russell to Chicago from Oakland.

Comment

Yankees need to get younger and invest smarter with their money. I look forward to seeing what they do when A Rod, CC, and Texeria come off the books. I thought CC's deal was great, but they should have let him walk when he opted out after his 3rd season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                  Yankees need to get younger and invest smarter with their money. I look forward to seeing what they do when A Rod, CC, and Texeria come off the books. I thought CC's deal was great, but they should have let him walk when he opted out after his 3rd season.
                  Tex is done after this season. Cashman definitely is moving in the right direction.

I would trade Beltran, too.

Comment

Yanks in full rebuild mode. Which I basically agree with, but I'm not sure I would have traded Miller, who is not a rental.

https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/759746770821902336

Today @yankees acquire OF Clint Frazier, LHP Justus Sheffield and RHPs Ben Heller and J.P. Feyereisen from Cleveland for LHP Andrew Miller.

Comment

https://twitter.com/boblorenz/status/759741883753136132

By acquiring P Justus Sheffield and OF Clint Frazier (plus 2 more) for Miller, Yanks got 2 of Indians best prospects. ESPN first with names.

https://twitter.com/boblorenz/status/759742733351256065

W Chapman/Miller deals, @jjcoop36 said Yanks have 7 in BaseballAmerica top 100:Mateo, Torres, Frazier, Sheffield, Judge, Sanchez,Kaprielian

Comment

I like that Cashman is stocking up the system, better to retool now than lymp along.

Comment

Cashman is absolutely killing it.

https://twitter.com/JackCurryYES/sta...86566874636288

Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES Looks like Beltran is going to the Rangers for Dillon Tate, said @Ken_Rosenthal. Tate was Rangers' first round pick last year.
                          #4 overall pick last year.

The complete deal

https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/760198901974654976
                          The @yankees have acquired RHPs Dillon Tate, Erik Swanson and Nick Green from Texas in exchange for OF Carlos Beltran

Comment

https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/760215128977580032

Yankees PR Dept. ‏@YankeesPR The @Yankees have traded RHP Ivan Nova to the Pirates in exchange for two players to be named later.

Comment

My favorite Yankee photo. You're a questionalbe fan if you don't know who's pitching.
                              I take that back, I thought you could click on the picture and see it in its actual size. The pitcher is Babe Ruth.
                              Last edited by Tjay; 08-02-2016, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I won't miss Nova, good stuff but inconsistent.

Comment

Working...
                                X