New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Mets

This team needs to be discussed. Playing great ball. They really have " the look."

Besides which, fans of the Mets, Jets and Isles really are in unchartered territory. All 3 teams doing so well at once.....
    The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

The Mets definitely have the look.

They may just beat the Cubs and Marty McFly.
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Daniel Murphy is Superman.

Are the Mets really contemplating letting him walk in the offseason? What the hell is that all about? He is the heart of that team. Every time I watched them all season, he was getting big hit after big hit and now he's taken it to another level.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
        Daniel Murphy is Superman.

Are the Mets really contemplating letting him walk in the offseason? What the hell is that all about? He is the heart of that team. Every time I watched them all season, he was getting big hit after big hit and now he's taken it to another level.
        And it's not like they have to worry about a cap.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

And it's not like they have to worry about a cap.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Let Murphy walk. The exception doesn't outweigh the norm. Plenty of average or so players have had good runs in the playoffs. It's as if Bailey had a good playoff run and then the Isles signed him for 5 years. Of course they did sign him for 5 years without the god playoff performance, but that's another discussion.

This Met run is a hell of a lot of fun. It's now to the point of WS or bust, no more moral victories.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Let Murphy walk. The exception doesn't outweigh the norm. Plenty of average or so players have had good runs in the playoffs. It's as if Bailey had a good playoff run and then the Isles signed him for 5 years. Of course they did sign him for 5 years without the god playoff performance, but that's another discussion.

This Met run is a hell of a lot of fun. It's now to the point of WS or bust, no more moral victories.

Bailey has been one of our best players in both playoff series he's played in, but I agree about Murphy. Just let him help win a World Series first.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

I don't understand the logic in that Scott. Hasn't this guy been your most clutch player in the past several years and he still has years in front of him. Why would you let that go?

The grass isn't always greener with younger players.

Comment

I'm not sure what the other option is to signing Murph, but if there isn't a good one then he should be kept. I don't see a better option on the market.

Comment

Goin' to The Show boys!
                    The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                      Goin' to The Show boys!
                      Unreal. I certainly didn't expect this for the first few months of the season.

Comment

Have some Mets fans softened up on Wilpon yet? The way some Islanders fans have softened on Wang?

Most Mets fans deserve this. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                          Have some Mets fans softened up on Wilpon yet? The way some Islanders fans have softened on Wang?

Most Mets fans deserve this. Congrats!
                          I don't follow the Mets closely. Has Wilpon recovered from the Madoff mess? Going to the World Series certainly helps his finances and should convert some fans. You've compared him to Wang so I'll ask this, how would you feel about Wang if we make it to the Stanley Cup this year?
                          "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Following the game on yahoo while working in Hong Kong. Seems like it must be a very exciting game but nerve racking if you are a Mets fan.

Comment

That was a tough game. Ultimately, we lost because of the first inside the park homerun since 1929 and the ball was very catchable on the play.
                              "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Working...
                              X