MLB thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

The have a show here Bluejays in 30. Much better watching a 30 minute game and I only occasionally watch these
    That's interesting. Even then so, I don't think I will. I hate what baseball has become. It's not baseball anymore. It's the homerun and strikeout derby.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

That's interesting. Even then so, I don't think I will. I hate what baseball has become. It's not baseball anymore. It's the homerun and strikeout derby.
      Launch angle!!
      Spin rate!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Launch angle!!
        Spin rate!!!
        Yup. That too.

Comment

• Mid August and I don't care. Baseball is dead to me. Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio...
          "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post
            Mid August and I don't care. Baseball is dead to me. Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio...
            I'm enjoying watching both the Jays and Yanks close in on the Red Sox
            THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Looks like we are getting a season!

Now the question is, do I want to watch?

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1502020462162890762

BREAKING: Players vote to accept MLB's offer on new labor deal, paving way to end 99-day lockout and salvage 162-game season.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                Looks like we are getting a season!

Now the question is, do I want to watch?

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1502020462162890762
                I'm so far removed from the game, I don't think I will. Remember when Newsday would come out with the batting stats for all the players in the Sunday edition? I would study that for hours. I was probably familiar with 80% of the league. After 94 I was never the same fan, I seem to lose more interest with each passing year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I'm so far removed from the game, I don't think I will. Remember when Newsday would come out with the batting stats for all the players in the Sunday edition? I would study that for hours. I was probably familiar with 80% of the league. After 94 I was never the same fan, I seem to lose more interest with each passing year.
                  Me too Tjay. I've said it in here before, but the sport has been ruined. It's not baseball anymore. It's the homerun/strikeout derby.

Comment

• I saw a replay of the homer Stanton hit tonight. He watched it go out and then did a slow jog around the bases. The game is not what it use to be. 30 years ago he would have gotten beaned for admiring his shot and then taking his time going around the bases.

Comment

Working...
                    X