Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Josh Bailey is made captain of this team, I will burn my Islanders merchandise in the streets, find Ledecky’s house, buy a bullhorn and spend the rest of my days yelling “Moron!” into it until I, or he, is dead.
    The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

Yes he will get a $$$$, could be named the next captain and than go back to being the Bailey we know all too well.
      Truthfully, if Barzal is substituted for JT, I think Bailey doesn't lose much if anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
        If Josh Bailey is made captain of this team, I will burn my Islanders merchandise in the streets, find Ledecky’s house, buy a bullhorn and spend the rest of my days yelling “Moron!” into it until I, or he, is dead.
        You know and understand the organization all too well, is JT walks & Garth is here, you know thats coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

Truthfully, if Barzal is substituted for JT, I think Bailey doesn't lose much if anything.
          Bailey can't keep up with him.

Comment

You know and understand the organization all too well, is JT walks & Garth is here, you know thats coming.
            Absolutely no question I could see it happening. I have the number for Bullhorns-R-Us saved.
            The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post

Absolutely no question I could see it happening. I have the number for Bullhorns-R-Us saved.
              Make sure you can get a group rate most on this board will be joining you.

Comment

Bailey can't keep up with him.
                Mat's smart enough to work with his limitations. They'll be fine. Who needs speed from Bailey anyway when you have a guy that can circle the net and still make the play.

Comment

Mat's smart enough to work with his limitations. They'll be fine. Who needs speed from Bailey anyway when you have a guy that can circle the net and still make the play.
                  He's Eberle partner, Bailey gets in the way, both of them need protection a big strong forward not someone who chains.

Comment

I'd rather see Barzal stick with Eberle. My beef with Bailey is he can't finish and Eberle can. I would probably keep Bailey with Lee because he excels at setting people up and needs a finisher.
                    Lou can build Rome in one off season.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Absolutely never really completed in a satisfactory manner. As for when it starts again I would submit that is will officially start at the trade deadline if we trade JT and Bailey.
                      It kind of never really had an ending but rest assured that rebuild is over. If we start any kind of rebuild it is a completely different rebuild. Just know our last rebuild was not as successful and this new rebuild wouldn't take nearly as long to take another run. Not that we ever really took a run. Bottom line that rebuild is over.
                      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I actually agreed with the decision not to trade Frans and Kyle. If he had traded them it would have denied us the Florida series win. Which is THE highlight of Garth's tenure as GM.
                        I agree with that situation as well and supported it. This was the very first time in the Cap era that we ever had to do that. Other competitive teams had been doing it since the Cap came in. This was difficult for most Isles fans instead of getting someone else's Cap casualty it was time for our very first casualties.

We made the playoffs mission accomplished. I have no regrets with that decision.

Comment

LOL 12 years GM and his highlight is 1 playoff round victory. How about giving the fans a highlight and exiting stage left into the sunset of maine
                          I hear Daniel Brierre is going to go coach main. Our next Islander coach you heard it first here lmao!

Comment

Yes he will get a $$$$, could be named the next captain and than go back to being the Bailey we know all too well.
                            My worst nightmare is about to come true lol FML

Comment

Yes if JT leaves we will have another Star to build around but how long have we been waiting to get 2 guys like this and when we finally do.... well FML

Comment

Working...
                              X