• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    TonyD
    Let's Do That Hockey!

• TonyD
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Oh I do too as well. I'm just being realistic about him. He is not an NHL defenseman.
    He has his good moments though.. but then he turns around and erases all that all in the same shift. smh

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by Justshoot2003 View Post

Yea, I'm still in wait and see mode.

But I am hoping for the best! I want every one of our prospects to be a HOFer
    Oh I do too as well. I'm just being realistic about him. He is not an NHL defenseman.

Leave a comment:

• Justshoot2003

• Justshoot2003
    replied

I’m not sold on Aho at all.
    Yea, I'm still in wait and see mode.

But I am hoping for the best! I want every one of our prospects to be a HOFer

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    In Lou we Trust.

• Tjay
    replied

I think last night was more indicative of the type of player he is than what we've seen so far this year.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    Administrator

• mw147
    replied

Last night was his best game.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Aho, Salo, and Hutton all looked fine last night.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    Administrator

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I'm hoping he gets comfortable real quick. He's started out slow, but I thought he looked good last night.
    Aho, Salo, and Hutton all looked fine last night.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    In Lou we Trust.

• Tjay
    replied

IDK TJ, to me he looks overwhelmed at times.

I want him to succeed and hope he gets more confident at this level. And soon!
    I'm hoping he gets comfortable real quick. He's started out slow, but I thought he looked good last night.

Leave a comment:

• Justshoot2003

• Justshoot2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I agree, Salo has a much bigger upside than Aho, but Aho is a smart player. He may have looked bad his first few games but I'm not going to hold that against him.
    IDK TJ, to me he looks overwhelmed at times.

I want him to succeed and hope he gets more confident at this level. And soon!

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    In Lou we Trust.

• Tjay
    replied

I know I said I think Aho deserves a fair chance to prove himself, but that's not enough of a justification to keep him here over Salo.

Both will be on the roster for a few more games while this covid protocol is in effect but when the time comes Salo has to remain.
    I agree, Salo has a much bigger upside than Aho, but Aho is a smart player. He may have looked bad his first few games but I'm not going to hold that against him.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    In Lou we Trust.

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
    Pags game is not there.
    He's essential and unreplaceable in house.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    In Lou we Trust.

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

Just back from the game, stopped to eat, takes 15 mins to drive from Great Neck to the building, but 1/2 to get into the lot. The building is great, if Martin doesn't get 2 assets tonight for the first to Flames goals, it's ad different game. Looked like he was bench the last 10 mins of the third period. The kids looked good, Salo, Hutton etc played well, Hutton if given a chance could be a replacement for Dobson if Dobson is trade bait for a pure scorer. Only downside is the parking. No lights in a parking lot, one exit in, one exit out, very far walk and almost witnessed a fight between a guy in his 20's and a driver in a car trying to pull out. On a winter cold rainy or snowy night or a night of ice, the parking lot is going to be a disaster , 1000% worse than the lot at the barn. With a little puck luck we could have won the game and can't wait for you guys to experience it with you all. Good night an on to tomorrows game.
    No to trading Noah, he's still 21, unless we're talking about trading for an established stud who's signed for a number of year, then maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    In Lou we Trust.

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Amazing how they called EVERYTHING in the first and second but NOTHING in the third.

I thought our power play looked decent tonight.
    I think I heard Brendan say that 10 of our first 20 shots came on the PP. Anyone else hear that? But I loved the puck movement and the one-timers. We need more of that.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    In Lou we Trust.

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Could not agree more! I'm having these visions

Pelech Pulock
    Salo Aho
    Mayfield Dobson
    Yes! I always liked Aho, he can keep pace in this league. Glad you gave him some kudos yesterday. At the end of the season, let Chara walk, maybe bring back Greene as a 7th, and roll with those lines.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    In Lou we Trust.

• Tjay
    replied
    Can’t Varlamov make a big save?? Martin is playing so poorly and the both of these guys cost us the game.

I really liked the effort of the team tonight. They were the better team and deserved a better fate. Ultimately you keep this up and they will climb out of this.

I’m so pumped at how well Salo looked. He was outstanding.
    I was watching Salo last night and what kept running through my head was why did they cut this guy to make room for Chara?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X