Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME 14 vs. Calgary, Saturday November 20, 7:00 PM, MSG+ OPENING NIGHT AT UBS

The long wait is finally over!

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!

https://twitter.com/ChrisBottaNHL/st...91595097071618

Average price on secondary market for #Isles home opener is $625.
    - “Cheapest” ticket ($317) is 2nd-highest of recent NHL arena openings
    - $625 average will likely be 3rd-highest reg season game in 21-22, after Kraken opener and Lundqvist Night. (data from @Ticket_IQ)

Comment

I don't mean to be a downer, but in my opinion, this is largely a ticket broker driven price hike.

I'm not saying there aren't plenty of Isles fans who want to be there Saturday, but I believe there are a lot of people out there trying to make money off an event, and not as worried about attending the actual game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post

I don't mean to be a downer, but in my opinion, this is largely a ticket broker driven price hike.

I'm not saying there aren't plenty of Isles fans who want to be there Saturday, but I believe there are a lot of people out there trying to make money off an event, and not as worried about attending the actual game.
        No doubt this is a hot ticket, everyone knew it would be a hot ticket, and ticket brokers undoubtedly jumped all over this.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...74978729852934

#Isles at practice
          Lee-Barzal-Beauvillier
          Bellows-Nelson-Wahlstrom
          Parise-Pageau-Palmieri
          Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
          Pelech-Mayfield
          Chara-Salo
          Greene-Aho/Dobson
          Varlamov
          Sorokin

Johnston the extra forward.

Comment

This is good. Dobson needs a little kick in the ass of motivation to stay in the lineup now when Pulock comes back.

Comment

I life those lines. Very optimistic.

Not sure if Aho needs a couple of more games or if he's a career AHL guy. The last few games have been light on offense and that's not on Aho.

Of course we still need a 2 way defenseman and that is obviously not Aho's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Justshoot2003 View Post
                I life those lines. Very optimistic.

Not sure if Aho needs a couple of more games or if he's a career AHL guy. The last few games have been light on offense and that's not on Aho.

Of course we still need a 2 way defenseman and that is obviously not Aho's game.
                Eventually Dobson needs to step up and become what we are lacking - a dman who can skate the puck out of the zone and run a power play. I was hoping it would be from the start of this season. But it wasn't. The sooner the better, we sorely need those qualities. Salo showed them in camp, I can't expect him to take on that load after 14 games in the AHL. But it sure would be helpful if he could take on at least some of that load.

I am not feeling Aho as a full time player. That may not be fair as he has not played very much for 2 seasons now. But it is what it is, so far.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...90853595873282

Trotz: Bailey still in Florida in COVID quarantine

Comment

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/stat...81062978945027

Salo will wear #2

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Eventually Dobson needs to step up and become what we are lacking - a dman who can skate the puck out of the zone and run a power play. I was hoping it would be from the start of this season. But it wasn't. The sooner the better, we sorely need those qualities. Salo showed them in camp, I can't expect him to take on that load after 14 games in the AHL. But it sure would be helpful if he could take on at least some of that load.

I am not feeling Aho as a full time player. That may not be fair as he has not played very much for 2 seasons now. But it is what it is, so far.
                      My gut see's it the same way on Aho. But I think we should give him a fair chance at proving himself.

Comment

Yes, we are BADLY in need of a puck moving dman.

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...92367634817030

Trotz: Robin Salo "is the guy based on what he's done there (Bridgeport)." Says Salo fills more of a puck-moving role that #Isles also got from Ryan Pulock (lower body). Said Thomas Hickey would fill more of a defensive role.

Comment

https://twitter.com/JoePantorno/stat...94764046159872

Anders Lee: "We've been looking forward to this for a long time. I know the fans have... Just to get in here & have a practice was pretty cool... To see how hard everyone's been working on this place, it'll be really great to get everybody in here... and enjoy this all together."

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

If there was ever a guy to switch from defense to offense, it is Aho. He is not an NHL defenseman, so why not see what he can do at wing?

Comment

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/stat...13179523751942

“It was kind of nice walking into a surprise today and I was absolutely blown away. The entire facility and the rink are so high end. I can’t even tell you how nice it is down here. We are a lucky group. Mat Barzal

Comment

Working...
                              X