X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    Staple says not a penalty

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...206604290?s=19

To the folks sending me the screen shot of Tampa's supposed too many men on the Game 7 goal:

That's a normal line change.

Meanwhile, #Isles exit interviews are tomorrow. We'll have plenty to post off that @TheAthletic. Stay tuned.
    And this is why the rule needs to be changed. This should not be a normal line change.
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

To the folks sending me the screen shot of Tampa's supposed too many men on the Game 7 goal:

Meanwhile, #Isles exit interviews are tomorrow. We'll have plenty to post off that @TheAthletic. Stay tuned.
      Normal line change??? 5 skaters in the middle of the ice PLUS 2 more skaters next to the boards exiting (which I'll let slide) while only 4 skaters are permitted bc they're looking a penalty is NOT a normal line change. It's a penalty.

But that's sports. We never scored. Can't win a game like that. That's on the team, not the refs.

Comment

I'm curious who he spoke to that said it was a normal line change?
        "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I have been a HUGE proponent of getting the on the fly rule changed. I know I have posted about this before but I have literally seen players skate through 9 players on a a rush. The distance being given at the current time is far too much. Gourde is coming on for Killorn who isn't even off the ice yet. No way Gourde should be that far in to our zone already.

My proposal would be a player is not allowed on the ice until the person he replaces is off. This will increase scoring in the NHL. As it is currently you will see 2 players furiously forecheck defense in their zone. The unload there energy tank and when the defence gets by them they just wave there arm and another player jumps on the ice in front of the defenceman coming up. It is absolutely ridiculous what is happening now.

If you go my way it is pretty easy to call to many men on the ice. It will create more offence. NHL is missing the boat here.
          My two cents, I'd put a rectangular box the length of the bench 3-4 feet out. Player has to enter that zone before another player can come off the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justshoot2003 View Post

Normal line change??? 5 skaters in the middle of the ice PLUS 2 more skaters next to the boards exiting (which I'll let slide) while only 4 skaters are permitted bc they're looking a penalty is NOT a normal line change. It's a penalty.

But that's sports. We never scored. Can't win a game like that. That's on the team, not the refs.
            If that's a penalty, then technically neither did they.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

My two cents, I'd put a rectangular box the length of the bench 3-4 feet out. Player has to enter that zone before another player can come off the bench.
              I knew someone might come up with that. But I see no reason to have both on the ice. One comes off one goes on. I'm telling you this rule would change the game. Pittsburgh did it all year in every game. The would send 2 to 3 guys down to forecheck the hell out them. Then the second the puck gets past them and they put their arm up and another guy jumps out in front of the puck carrier. Wow what a difference if you have a dog tired guy trying to get back to the bench. It can turn out to be mini 5 to 10 second PP's.

I feel really strongly about this because I have been thinking about it for so long now as in years and years. We have enough paint and boxes on the ice. But I still like 2 feet off and 2 feet on. This will stop teams from having to skate through 8 players and could create some really exciting hockey moments.
              Last edited by TK27; 06-28-2021, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• I am still so angry with the short handed goal and Nick Leddy. The way he lacked any desperation to go after the guy with the puck and then he had no commitment to at minimum stay defensive side position on him is completely unacceptable. Yes, Palmieri did a poor job watching Gourde come in, but if Leddy played this correctly, it never comes to that. Leddy's lack of work ethic is completely unacceptable to me and I never want to see him in an Islander uniform ever again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I'm curious who he spoke to that said it was a normal line change?
                  It's Staple. He's a freaking clueless idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
                    I am still so angry with the short handed goal and Nick Leddy. The way he lacked any desperation to go after the guy with the puck and then he had no commitment to at minimum stay defensive side position on him is completely unacceptable. Yes, Palmieri did a poor job watching Gourde come in, but if Leddy played this correctly, it never comes to that. Leddy's lack of work ethic is completely unacceptable to me and I never want to see him in an Islander uniform ever again.
                    We were right all along George. Leddy just plain sucks. Some people will say but how do you replace a guy like Leddy? Well pretty easily actually. There are tons of defencemen who are just as good at giving the puck away and are terrified of contact. But most important don't have an ounce of hockey sense.

So ya I see him as easily replaceable. Hell we could find someone for $700,000 who does all the same things as Leddy. He only does one thing well and that is skate but even that is useless because he just skates it to the other end only to give it away.

Dude sucks and we need him gone yesterday.

Comment

• I don't think Leddy sucks that badly but we have reached the point of diminishing returns. If there is a deal that makes sense and a reasonable way to replace him with non garbage, then do it. I would bet he is still with the team next year unless the Kraken grab him - which they might.
                      The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                        I don't think Leddy sucks that badly but we have reached the point of diminishing returns. If there is a deal that makes sense and a reasonable way to replace him with non garbage, then do it. I would bet he is still with the team next year unless the Kraken grab him - which they might.
                        No. He does suck that badly.

Comment

Working...
                        X