X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Playoffs Round 3, Game 4 vs. Tampa, Saturday, June 19, 8:00, USA

Pretty much a must win game.

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

I will be surprised if there are any lineup changes

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...15859105685506

Trotz: We haven't made any decisions on the lineup for Game 4. Wahlstrom is an option, but felt #Isles played a solid Game 3.

Comment

Tough call. Overall they played a close game and a bounce here or there could've made this a win.

BUT the key to winning consistently is making your own breaks such as shooting and creating rebounds which can lead to 'lucky'bounces. In that regards we could use a skilled shooter like Wally in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
        I will be surprised if there are any lineup changes

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...15859105685506
        The tone of this series reminds me of the Islanders-Montreal series of 1993. As soon as we would pull ahead or gain momentum , the ref's would find a way to put us in a hole. Ask anyone who can remember that series, to this day there are those who say the ref's made sure we didn't advance to the finals. Already they let in game 1 Tampa get away with too many men on the ice when the scored a goal and yesterday, a call USUALLY never called is called and leads to a goal for Tampa , just saying it's a familiar mode of operations. The NHL may not want a Stanley Cup series in an old building with limited seating. Call it what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Justshoot2003 View Post
          Tough call. Overall they played a close game and a bounce here or there could've made this a win.

BUT the key to winning consistently is making your own breaks such as shooting and creating rebounds which can lead to 'lucky'bounces. In that regards we could use a skilled shooter like Wally in the lineup.
          The reason I would keep Kyle in the line-up and sit Leo is the following, On Thursday Leo was in the face-off circle as Barzel went to wing and Leo was losing face off after face-off, Kyle can win a face off and be the defensive forward on that line.

Comment

Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

The tone of this series reminds me of the Islanders-Montreal series of 1993. As soon as we would pull ahead or gain momentum , the ref's would find a way to put us in a hole. Ask anyone who can remember that series, to this day there are those who say the ref's made sure we didn't advance to the finals. Already they let in game 1 Tampa get away with too many men on the ice when the scored a goal and yesterday, a call USUALLY never called is called and leads to a goal for Tampa , just saying it's a familiar mode of operations. The NHL may not want a Stanley Cup series in an old building with limited seating. Call it what it is.
            Agree with this. The NHL desperately wants Tampa and Vegas.
            The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

This stat is why Leo and Zajac stay in the lineup 64%!!! UGG!
              The Montreal Canadiens have the best penalty-kill percentage by a team in the 2021 playoffs, at 92.7 percent.

Comment

Kaszycki's Krew will complete his victory prep on site at the Nassau Coliseum. Hopefully by 7:45 PM Eastern. Enjoy the game!

Comment

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...480701956?s=19

Trotz: Not revealing Game 4 lineup. "They're all available."

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                    https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...480701956?s=19

Trotz: Not revealing Game 4 lineup. "They're all available."
                    Dear Bailey & Varly, The past few weeks I have been sending you messages about how your play will effect if you are in Seattle next year or not. I am not sending you that message this afternoon. Tonight gentleman is your "MOMENT OF TRUTH" If you have not gotten it by now, nothing I can say now will do anything. It's do or die, put-up or shut up and get your bags ready. Good luck and do your best. we will be watching you from the stands.

Comment

Bruce we got our Saturday night hockey
                      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Warmups momentarily. Let's see who's on!

Comment

So HNIC opens with why is Komorov still with Barzal?
                          THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                            So HNIC opens with why is Komorov still with Barzal?
                            SMH

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                              Bruce we got our Saturday night hockey
                              Now we need Wednesday night hockey next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X