This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Playoffs Round 3, Game 2 @ Tampa, Tuesday, June 15, 8:00, NBCSN

Pedal to the metal, boys! Let's put the Bolts in a HUGE hole!

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

No one is surprised, and no one here is complaining!

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...96989291700229

Trotz confirms Oliver Wahlstrom could play "if necessary." For now, likes how lineup is with Travis Zajac. Cites faceoff flexibility, experience among factors.

Comment

LOL, sure he is going to answer!

https://twitter.com/sportswatch/stat...99084203995145

I asked Barry Trotz what he would do to solve #Isles' shutdown defense if he were coaching against the Islanders. He declined to answer, as he should have.

Comment

Hey guys. Sorry I've been out of touch on the board lately. My schedule is insane. I have overlap of the High school hockey season where I am the VP, head coach of JV and coaching coordinator (middle of our tryouts). There is overlap of the travel season for Royals where I am the assistant coach and we are practicing already. And I'm the head coach of our spring travel team the Gladiators where we just did 2 tournaments in the past month and a half. Plus taking care of the house, going to the gym 3 to 4 days a week and somehow I squeeze my full time job in there. Time is a thing of scarcity!

I've been watching all of the games though and this has been a fun ride so far. I'm surprised at how so many dumb people there are around the NHL including NHL coaches who still can't understand that making the semifinals 2 years in a row is no longer a fluke and have to realize that the Islanders are a very good hockey team.

Cooper said his team wasn't thinking the game well. Well that's because the Islanders took away all of their time and space and forced them into about 100 turnovers. Pelech and Pulock continue to shut down the best players in the game and it appears that only Pierre McGuire realizes that Adam Pelech is a superstar at defensive hockey. I love how this team is playing and it all starts with our ownership, GM and coach. Then with the players all buying in. We are the biggest bitch to play against and we have good enough offensive talent. Look out NHL world. The Islanders are one of the best teams in hockey!!

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
          Hey guys. Sorry I've been out of touch on the board lately. My schedule is insane. I have overlap of the High school hockey season where I am the VP, head coach of JV and coaching coordinator (middle of our tryouts). There is overlap of the travel season for Royals where I am the assistant coach and we are practicing already. And I'm the head coach of our spring travel team the Gladiators where we just did 2 tournaments in the past month and a half. Plus taking care of the house, going to the gym 3 to 4 days a week and somehow I squeeze my full time job in there. Time is a thing of scarcity!

I've been watching all of the games though and this has been a fun ride so far. I'm surprised at how so many dumb people there are around the NHL including NHL coaches who still can't understand that making the semifinals 2 years in a row is no longer a fluke and have to realize that the Islanders are a very good hockey team.

Cooper said his team wasn't thinking the game well. Well that's because the Islanders took away all of their time and space and forced them into about 100 turnovers. Pelech and Pulock continue to shut down the best players in the game and it appears that only Pierre McGuire realizes that Adam Pelech is a superstar at defensive hockey. I love how this team is playing and it all starts with our ownership, GM and coach. Then with the players all buying in. We are the biggest bitch to play against and we have good enough offensive talent. Look out NHL world. The Islanders are one of the best teams in hockey!!

Looking forward to tomorrow.
          We missed you, Gaz!

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
            I'll answer, Forfeit.
            "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

XM Radio tore the Lightning fans a new one today for being quiet and boring during the game. Fans are suppose to be the 6th player on the ice and they didn't show any support for their team.

Comment

No one is surprised, and no one here is complaining!

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...96989291700229
                But is great having him on deck!
                THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

We missed you, Gaz!
                  Ya I was starting think George must only like cheering for losing Islander teams . Nice to hear from ya bud wish you were with us enjoying it!

Comment

Against a team like Tampa you only get so many opportunities. We need to take advantage of every single opportunity we get and not let them slip past us. Winning game 2 is one of those opportunities. So far we have been happy with splits but not this time! We need to take advantage of this golden opportunity lying right in front of us!

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                      Against a team like Tampa you only get so many opportunities. We need to take advantage of every single opportunity we get and not let them slip past us. Winning game 2 is one of those opportunities. So far we have been happy with splits but not this time! We need to take advantage of this golden opportunity lying right in front of us!
                      Der Varly & Bailey, both of you still suck. Bailey your purse is getting bigger and bigger , if you don't produce Tuesday night Fed-ex will be shipping your equipment to Seattle Wednesday morning, you better play with a sense of urgency. Varly, what color furniture do you want in Bailey's basement. Either give another performance like you did Sunday afternoon or just go to the Greyhound bus stop and wait ti be picked up. 60 mins of being awake not 58 remember . Also Bailey hit them with your purse. Chat tomorrow guys. But look over your shoulder. We are watching you.

Comment

Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

Der Varly & Bailey, both of you still suck. Bailey your purse is getting bigger and bigger , if you don't produce Tuesday night Fed-ex will be shipping your equipment to Seattle Wednesday morning, you better play with a sense of urgency. Varly, what color furniture do you want in Bailey's basement. Either give another performance like you did Sunday afternoon or just go to the Greyhound bus stop and wait ti be picked up. 60 mins of being awake not 58 remember . Also Bailey hit them with your purse. Chat tomorrow guys. But look over your shoulder. We are watching you.
                        You are on top of your game right now

Comment

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...26661518983169

In absolutely no shock, Semyon Varlamov the first goalie off for #Isles

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/status/1404828048193622019

Trotz confirms everybody available tonight (no, not Anders Lee)

Comment

You are on top of your game right now
                            It's the playoffs, Bruce and KK aren't messing around!

Comment

Tampa is too dangerous a team to let up on the throttle. A win here would be huge but there is still a long way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X