Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, the Dynasty team didn’t play any Game 7’s. And only one elimination game (Pitt-‘82). Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlbem View Post

Yep, the Dynasty team didn’t play any Game 7’s. And only one elimination game (Pitt-‘82). Amazing.
      As dominant a team as ever played. And unfortunately as underappreciated a dynasty as ever played.
      "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
        Tampa Bay has superstars throughout their lineup. A guy like Kucherov can make a play like no one on our team can. A guy like Point can shoot the puck with laser point accuracy like no one else on our team. Same goes for Stamkos.

At the end of the day, what the Islanders lack in talent from TB, they must make up for in harder work. They had a stinker last night, but they are only 1 game behind. You win tomorrow in front of a raucous crowd and it comes down to 1 game. The absolute key will be to score the first goal. If TB scores, a fickle Islander crowd could have the energy zapped out of them and now you are screwed. But if they score first....
        Agreed and it could be the other way around for us in game 7 and get 4 lucky goals. I said this in the GDT. I just kept thinking thank god this isn't game 7.
        THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

The crowd is going to be more important than ever tomorrow. We need to get the team going and keep them going no matter what.

I have a lot of thoughts on what it will take for us to be as good or better than Tampa. We are not that far away. But I am going to save it for after the series, hopefully after we find a way to win the next 2 games and move on to the finals.
          I have a good first thought. How about we put Wally in next game. I'm just going to start small here

Comment

My head is telling me that Tampa is just the better team and they certainly play like it. But my heart tells me, the Islanders can win this series and when they do, they are going to be so deserving of getting to the finals because it means they worked their ass off like no other team has. It would mean they ran through a wall for Lou and Barry AND the fans.

And while Tampa is just the better team, it's largely based on skill up and down (not so much behind the bench but Cooper is still a good coach) but I think the Islanders have what most other teams don't have and that's why they have made it this far and that's why I am holding out some hope and faith that they can win this series. Yup! George said it and I agree, they are beat up and bruised and physically exhausted. Pager is hurt and playing through it. But, here we are...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post
              My head is telling me that Tampa is just the better team and they certainly play like it. But my heart tells me, the Islanders can win this series and when they do, they are going to be so deserving of getting to the finals because it means they worked their ass off like no other team has. It would mean they ran through a wall for Lou and Barry AND the fans.

And while Tampa is just the better team, it's largely based on skill up and down (not so much behind the bench but Cooper is still a good coach) but I think the Islanders have what most other teams don't have and that's why they have made it this far and that's why I am holding out some hope and faith that they can win this series. Yup! George said it and I agree, they are beat up and bruised and physically exhausted. Pager is hurt and playing through it. But, here we are...
              I haven't given up hope! I agree with everything you said. Never say die Islanders!

Comment

Comment

Old School 1984 National Anthem by Joe Duerr

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post

Neither Pittsburgh or Boston was beating us 1-0. Literally a physical impossibility. Tampa can beat us 1-0 and would be thrilled to do so if necessary. We cannot afford wacky oh that Varly! goals at any time. This is the big leagues now and every team remaining is either very good or red hot at the exact right time. We belong, but if we want to win it all we have to own.
                    As true today as the day I wrote it.

If Leo Komarov is with 5 miles of Barzal's line next year there is going to be trouble.
                    The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

That's awesome, I hope we keep doing it.
                      "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

If I have to hear that moron who does the games for Tampa radio I believe I'm going to take an ice pick and drive it into my skull.
                        The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                          If I have to hear that moron who does the games for Tampa radio I believe I'm going to take an ice pick and drive it into my skull.
                          That is Jack Edwards for me.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BBurnsNHL/status...66175365222401

Nikita Kucherov sustained a non-displaced rib fracture on the hit by Scott Mayfield in Game 6 of the Islanders series. Wore a flak jacket the rest of the playoffs and got a nerve block before each game.
                            "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Well done Scott 😀

Comment

Working...
                              X