X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Isles in 6 maybe 5
    OK, Saturday night without hockey is a day without sun shine. On to the series, know which team has the most goals during the playoffs, yes our NY Islanders. Tampa has 3 scores in the top 20, we have more, because we have a balanced attack. Pageau's line will go against Stamos assuming Barry will get that match up. Our team concept of defense can neutralize the high power Tampa offense. Hedman does not scare me, but goaltending is a different story. Tampa's goaltending has been outstanding but our"s is outstanding for 58 mins at a clip. Our first 2 mins is hit or miss. Now saying this the first game won't be like last years and we are going to play the first game like we played the 3th period of Boston's game 6. Block as many shots as possible and wait for a mistake. Barzel will be a BIG factor in this series. Assuming no injuries, I am going Islanders in 6 and a first score of Islanders 5- Tampa 3 , with good goaltending by Varly, than 4-2. Do a good prep KK.
    Last edited by 31GOALIE31; 06-13-2021, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

OK, Saturday night without hockey is a day without sun shine. On to the series, know which team has the most goals during the playoffs, yes our NY Islanders. Tampa has 3 scores in the top 20, we have more, because we have a balanced attack. Pageau's line will go against Stamos assuming Barry will get that match up. Our team concept of defense can neutralize the high power Tampa offense. Hedman does not scare me, but goaltending is a different story. Tampa's goaltending has been outstanding but our"s is outstanding for 58 mins at a clip. Our first 2 mins is hit or miss. Now saying this the first game won't be like last years and we are going to play the first game like we played the 3th period of Boston's game 6. Block as many shots as possible and wait for a mistake. Barzel will be a BIG factor in this series. Assuming no injuries, I am going Islanders in 6 and a first score of Islanders 5- Tampa , with good goaltending by Varly, than 4-2. Do a good prep KK.
      I know the NHL was built on Saturday Night Hockey!
      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

I'm hoping for a very low scoring series.........advantage Islanders.

Comment

The Krew says - NYI in 6

Comment

Kaszycki's Krew is working on his victory preparations and there is no thread to post that in. He is reluctant to create that thread - as it takes away from the prep...... Just sayin! LET'S GO ISLES!

Comment

https://twitter.com/NassauExecutive/...48625176436739

As our beloved Islanders continue to advance in the playoffs, many residents are asking for an in-person playoff watch party. As you can probably guess, I love the idea – and I’m working on it. My letter to #Isles Nation
              "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

I don't know much about Curran but I like that she is supportive of the team.
                "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I don't know much about Curran but I like that she is supportive of the team.
                  I heard her briefly this morning on the radio, and it turns out, she's originally from Toronto, and grew up a Maple Leafs fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post

I heard her briefly this morning on the radio, and it turns out, she's originally from Toronto, and grew up a Maple Leafs fan.
                    Well I was born close to Toronto and my first fav team was the Leafs.............................and look at me now

Comment

Listening to XM radio the other day, the Jackasses were going on and on about Vegas and Tampa, what wonderful ownership groups they have and both teams have rejuvenated their cities.
                      The blatant one sidedness is really starting to annoy me on some of those programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                        Listening to XM radio the other day, the Jackasses were going on and on about Vegas and Tampa, what wonderful ownership groups they have and both teams have rejuvenated their cities.
                        The blatant one sidedness is really starting to annoy me on some of those programs.
                        F em all!

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

F em all!
                          Particularly Tampa, the current ownership group stabilized the franchise. Um Hello?

Comment

Tampa Bay has superstars throughout their lineup. A guy like Kucherov can make a play like no one on our team can. A guy like Point can shoot the puck with laser point accuracy like no one else on our team. Same goes for Stamkos.

At the end of the day, what the Islanders lack in talent from TB, they must make up for in harder work. They had a stinker last night, but they are only 1 game behind. You win tomorrow in front of a raucous crowd and it comes down to 1 game. The absolute key will be to score the first goal. If TB scores, a fickle Islander crowd could have the energy zapped out of them and now you are screwed. But if they score first....

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
                              Tampa Bay has superstars throughout their lineup. A guy like Kucherov can make a play like no one on our team can. A guy like Point can shoot the puck with laser point accuracy like no one else on our team. Same goes for Stamkos.

At the end of the day, what the Islanders lack in talent from TB, they must make up for in harder work. They had a stinker last night, but they are only 1 game behind. You win tomorrow in front of a raucous crowd and it comes down to 1 game. The absolute key will be to score the first goal. If TB scores, a fickle Islander crowd could have the energy zapped out of them and now you are screwed. But if they score first....
                              The crowd is going to be more important than ever tomorrow. We need to get the team going and keep them going no matter what.

I have a lot of thoughts on what it will take for us to be as good or better than Tampa. We are not that far away. But I am going to save it for after the series, hopefully after we find a way to win the next 2 games and move on to the finals.

Comment

https://twitter.com/erictheislesfan/...21892995256324

when was the last time the isles won game 6 and 7?
                                https://twitter.com/ehornick/status/1407442157494022152

75 vs Pit
                                87 vs Was
                                93 vs Pit

Last time they won 6 but lost 7 was vs Trotz in 2015.

Comment

Working...
                                X