Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL, we really did pound the hell out of McAvoy this series.
    "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Justshoot2003 View Post
      Two icings = tired Bruins. That was all fatigue and we jumped on it!

1-0
      Good observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
        Zajac did not **** around. He ripped that home!
        So this is what it feels like to score first!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
          I though it was weak. TV guys think right call.
          The only penalty on that play was embellishment.

Comment

• I liked when Marchand looked up at the clock when he scored Boston's second goal. For a moment he must have thought he was playing the Leafs.
            Last edited by Tjay; 06-13-2021, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

To me, it seems like Josh is shooting more in the playoffs. I like that.
              He has been more physical than I have ever seen him.
              THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

LOL, we really did pound the hell out of McAvoy this series.
                I have been meaning to make this post months ago. One of the things I love about the Islanders and a big reason why we win so many games is....................whenever a puck gets dump in and and Islander and the opposition going after it side by side ....... you know when they look at each other to see who is going to go in first? The second the Islander see's that they just take off and go for the puck. They take the hit but get the puck.

Because we relentlessly hit and wear the opposition down the simply just do not want to go first and take that hit. They would rather get the hit instead of taking it. So they get the hit we get the puck.

Comment

I liked when Marchand looked up at the clock when he scored Boston's seconds goal. For a moment he must have thought he was playing the Leafs.
                  Did you read my post about that lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Did you read my post about that lol
                    No, but I’m going to go find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                      Ok so I have another funny story about a game lol. Don't worry the wife is still alive . But I was on a euphoric high during the 2nd intermission. I could smell victory! I was feeling good. I was feeling great. So I settle in to my chair and I'm ready to bask in the glory of this final period of this series.

About one minute in and I'm watching during a whistle stop and I look at the score and I see Islanders 4 and Bruins 1 and think to myself. That score is weird why do I know it? ........ and then it hit me. 4-1 was the score that the Bruins came back to beat the Leafs in the 3rd with 7 minutes left. Thoughts went running through my head and I quickly tried to shoo them out of my brain. I didn't want to be the one to put this out in to the cosmos!!!!! Then Bruins get a PP and in my head went oh god this is how they came back against Toronto! A PP goal to make it 4-2.

Then the Bruins score and my brain goes crazy and I'm thinking to myself I didn't stop it soon enough from going in to the Cosmos. Steve Dangle will have a field if we blow this like the Leafs!!! And it was that very moment that I realized the Islanders are not the Leafs. I look at the clock 4-2 with 14 minutes left. Nah this is the not the same they didn't score their first one until 7 minutes left and we the Islanders are certainly not the Leafs.

For the last 14 minutes I just kicked back and enjoyed the victory!
                      Crazy, but if I remember correctly, the Bruins scored 2 goals in 1 minute with the goalie pulled. An epic collapse.
                      Last edited by Tjay; 06-13-2021, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X