• Show
Clear All

• GAME 3 vs. Boston, Monday January 18, 5:00 PM, MSG+, NBCSN

Home opener (sort of)

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!
    Barry: "we didn't win the cup so we're not happy"

YES! YES!! YES!!!

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/stat...91778091802624

#Isles game day update from Barry Trotz: “Ilya and Varlamov are both available.”

Comment

https://twitter.com/mattyports/statu...01270271512585

Bruins expected lineup vs. NYI (corrected):

Marchand-Bergeron-DeBrusk
      Ritchie-Krejci-Studnicka
      Bjork-Coyle-Smith
      Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner
      Lauzon-McAvoy
      Grzlecyk-Carlo
      Zboril-Miller

Rask
      Halak

Comment

Redemption game!
        "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
          Redemption game!
          Sucks for me. I will probably miss about half of the game. Oh well, better than a real matinee that starts at noon or 1:00. That has happened many times on MLK Day.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Sucks for me. I will probably miss about half of the game. Oh well, better than a real matinee that starts at noon or 1:00. That has happened many times on MLK Day.
            Try MSG on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

Try MSG on the phone.
              Oh I can do that but there is this little detail called working!

Comment

I like the 5PM start. I'll shut down at 4:59PM.

I wonder if Varlamov will be wearing a cage today. If he broke his jaw, I'm sure he will be. I can't remember the last time I saw a goalie wear one.

Need to get off to a better start and stay out of the penalty box. I expect they will because this is what Trotz does. He makes adjustments right away. I would bet anything that they sat down with Dobson and went over his mistakes. They are going to have to have some patience with him as he is going to have some growing pains on the ice. Again, you hope it doesn't cost them too many goals in the interim. The good thing was that he had a much better third period in the game and the kid has the talent. Although one thing makes me nervous about his skill set. He seems to fall down a lot on his skates. I hope that is not a chronic issue.

As for Sorokin, I have absolutely no concern whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I am more excited about him now than I was before that game. His fixes are extremely simple. He was standing too far in his crease all game and that has a lot to do with him feeling his way around the different angles in an NHL rink. You have the best goalie coaches in the world and you know full well they will help him make that adjustment/transition. The reason why I'm excited is because did you see how quick the guy is? His side to side movement is elite class. He is going to be something really special.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
                  I like the 5PM start. I'll shut down at 4:59PM.

I wonder if Varlamov will be wearing a cage today. If he broke his jaw, I'm sure he will be. I can't remember the last time I saw a goalie wear one.

Need to get off to a better start and stay out of the penalty box. I expect they will because this is what Trotz does. He makes adjustments right away. I would bet anything that they sat down with Dobson and went over his mistakes. They are going to have to have some patience with him as he is going to have some growing pains on the ice. Again, you hope it doesn't cost them too many goals in the interim. The good thing was that he had a much better third period in the game and the kid has the talent. Although one thing makes me nervous about his skill set. He seems to fall down a lot on his skates. I hope that is not a chronic issue.

As for Sorokin, I have absolutely no concern whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I am more excited about him now than I was before that game. His fixes are extremely simple. He was standing too far in his crease all game and that has a lot to do with him feeling his way around the different angles in an NHL rink. You have the best goalie coaches in the world and you know full well they will help him make that adjustment/transition. The reason why I'm excited is because did you see how quick the guy is? His side to side movement is elite class. He is going to be something really special.
                  To me the biggest thing about Sorokin was that he had not played a live game in about 10 months. Of course he was going to be rusty. He may need another couple of games to shake off the rest of the rust. But he should only get better from here on in.

Comment

At 4:09 PM - Kaszycki's Krew completed his victory preparations.

Comment

Varly!

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...81003151691776

Semyon Varlamov vs. #Bruins Tuukka Rask as teams on the ice for home-opener warmups at Nassau Coliseum.

Comment

I am a little surprised that Barry did not make any changes

https://twitter.com/BComptonNHL/stat...82858871181313

#Isles lines in wamups:
                        Lee - Barzal - Eberle
                        Beauvillier - Nelson - Bailey
                        Johnston - Pageau - Bellows
                        Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Pelech - Pulock
                        Leddy - Mayfield
                        Greene - Dobson

Varlamov
                        Sorokin

Comment

I am a little surprised that Barry did not make any changes

https://twitter.com/BComptonNHL/stat...82858871181313
                          It was a off day, no need to panic, you will see a better effort tonight.

Comment

Oh I can do that but there is this little detail called working!
                            Multi -Task.

Comment

How goes the battle?
                              "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Working...
                              X