Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPENING NIGHT 2019 vs. Washington, Friday October 4, 7:00 PM, MSG+

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post

    The Varly signing is incomprehensible unless viewed thru the dicey lens of a back-up and US mentor for Sorokin down the line. If he was brought on to be a true #1 then Lou is crazy.

    The stockpiling of quality D is more a Lou staple. And yes, we have got to have the guy that knows where the net is. Thinking Whalstrom is that guy and hopefully he will see NHL ice soon. But where is Bellows?
    Well, he was brought in to be aa number 1 but considering you have Greiss as a 1B not too bad but after 1 game, I am thinking that I want Robin back..


    Here's to hoping it was just game 1 rust.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TonyD View Post

      People as in fans? Because that'd I'd expect, it was easy to see that Varli was horrible. But if people as in some management were not happy.. then...
      They were wearing Islanders jackets as they were walking towards the practice ice, but they were older individuals. My guess is they were some of the instructors from the Islanders hockey clinics which was running most of the day.
      Last edited by 31GOALIE31; 2 weeks ago.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TonyD View Post

        People as in fans? Because that'd I'd expect, it was easy to see that Varli was horrible. But if people as in some management were not happy.. then...
        I think he was talking about fans. He really didn't play that bad. Did anyone think it is also possible he was nervous. I know every time I played for a team that picked me up. I always wanted to impress them and in the long run I played worse than if I had just went out and played.

        It is one game and he made some pretty nice saves and some big ones at the right time. As for the first goal I seen Lehner give one up in exhibition that was virtually identical. Also Lehner did NOT have a good first month with us last year.

        I think we need to relax a little here. Varly is a good goaltender.
        THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TK27 View Post

          I think he was talking about fans. He really didn't play that bad. Did anyone think it is also possible he was nervous. I know every time I played for a team that picked me up. I always wanted to impress them and in the long run I played worse than if I had just went out and played.

          It is one game and he made some pretty nice saves and some big ones at the right time. As for the first goal I seen Lehner give one up in exhibition that was virtually identical. Also Lehner did NOT have a good first month with us last year.

          I think we need to relax a little here. Varly is a good goaltender.
          I don't know.. I remember last year thinking Lehner did pretty decent for us to keep our curiosity at bay. This first game .. yeah a number of things here that says not to panic but there is just nothing in this game 1 that gives me hope. And sorry, I can't recall any BOG saves that Varly made for game 1.. A lot of lucky ones where the post was a factor but nothing wowed me.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TonyD View Post

            I don't know.. I remember last year thinking Lehner did pretty decent for us to keep our curiosity at bay. This first game .. yeah a number of things here that says not to panic but there is just nothing in this game 1 that gives me hope. And sorry, I can't recall any BOG saves that Varly made for game 1.. A lot of lucky ones where the post was a factor but nothing wowed me.
            Lehner played great for us but not that first month from learning new tricks from Korn. Greiss really carried the mail for us in the early part of last season. Just saying there were other factors around tonights game. Give the guy a little bit of a chance to prove himself.
            THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

            Comment

            Working...
            X