Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bottom line is. Carolina's top players scored in the series. The Aho's The Teravainen's, The Williams,

Those three players accounted for 7 goals in the series.

The Islanders top players of Barzal, Lee, Eberle, Bailey, Nelson

Those five accounted for only 4 goals this series.

So Carolina got 7 goals from three players while the Islanders received 4 goals from five players.

This team needs scoring in the worst way.

Comment

• Dougie Hamilton trolls Brock Nelson
      Hurricanes defenseman Dougie Hamilton gives a pat on the head to Islanders forward Brock Nelson, who had done the same to Carolina's goalie in Game 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by sneakypete View Post
        This team needs scoring in the worst way.
        The forwards must be blown up and replaced/ restructured this summer. This is not a matter of convenience or tinkering. This is a matter of rooting out gutless shirkers and replacing them with heart and talent. I have had ENOUGH of the Brock Nelsons of the world. GOODBYE AND GOOD LUCK.

Confident Lou and Trotz see it exactly the same way.
        The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I'm Blues or Av's
          I'm actually rooting for the Canes. I like.that they have fun. Screw the whole hockey culture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post

The forwards must be blown up and replaced/ restructured this summer. This is not a matter of convenience or tinkering. This is a matter of rooting out gutless shirkers and replacing them with heart and talent. I have had ENOUGH of the Brock Nelsons of the world. GOODBYE AND GOOD LUCK.

Confident Lou and Trotz see it exactly the same way.
            They really have only one 1st line forward, 13, and that needs to change in the worst way.

Comment

• Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

I'm actually rooting for the Canes. I like.that they have fun. Screw the whole hockey culture.
              Me too. Once Don Cherry started to dis them, I was sold on rooting for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by sneakypete View Post
                I was not feeling good about the teams chances after they blew so many opportunities in game 1 and the Canes wound up scoring in OT to win but what really turned me into that guy who felt this team had no chance at winning this series was those first two minutes of the third period in game 2. When things like that occur, my many years of watching sports instincts told me, teams just do not recover from things like that and that the "Sports Gods" are just not with the team.

It sucks because with all the top seeds out I really felt the opportunity to shock the world and win a cup with a remarkable run was there for the taking.
                I thought the same way about what a great opportunity with top seeds falling. We could have had a great chance.........however I have a feeling this is the new "Norm" in the NHL. With the way the game has gone and I have to say I actually really like this.

Anyone of the 16 teams that makes the playoffs can win the Cup!

So I'm not too disappointed over that kind of lost opportunity. Hell we were the 5th best team in the regular season. We can have the very same opportunity next year. All we have to do is make the playoffs. New age hockey and that is the new challenge. Back in the 60's,70's and 80's I could have told you who every single playoff team would be at the end of the season on opening night! But the NHL has changed.
                THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

I like the Canes as well. I have both Aho and Terevainen on my fantasy teams. I watch and enjoy a lot of Cane hockey
                  THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Working...
                  X