This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Round Game 4 vs 'Canes, Friday, May 3, 7:00 PM, NBCSN

Backs against the wall, let's come out fighting!

If we had won I was going to ask Dom to keep starting the game thread, but here we are so I am going to try and change our luck. Let's Go Islanders!
    “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

I hope to see a victory in this game. Winning four in a row is not impossible, we did it against the Pens, but then again I don’t think the Hurricanes are the Penguins. It’s gonna be tough to do but whatever happens, it’s been a great season and I really like the Isles. If they go on to the next round, super! If not, then I keep looking for more of the Yankees to return from the injured list and that they make the playoffs.
    “It’s a great day for hockey”

Comment

Originally posted by ISLESfan17202 View Post
      I hope to see a victory in this game. Winning four in a row is not impossible, we did it against the Pens, but then again I don’t think the Hurricanes are the Penguins. It’s gonna be tough to do but whatever happens, it’s been a great season and I really like the Isles. If they go on to the next round, super! If not, then I keep looking for more of the Yankees to return from the injured list and that they make the playoffs.
      One game at a time. Just win this one, then worry about the next!

Comment

If NBC would let me know what time the game on Sunday is - I can make proper restaurant reservations ( Brunch or Dinner?) for victory prep for Game 5.

Game 4 ?

I would like to dress 5 new players who are HEALTHY and RARING to go - not to punish anyone (especially since we don't know who is playing HURT) but to inject more energy in our lineup.

I will leave that up to Lou and Barry. Just a thought.

Comment

It's too bad Lou couldn't obtain an offensive shooter at the deadline. It is so glaringly obvious that we need that. It's the thing that this team needs to go over the top of the hill of Stanley Cup success.

With that said, I'm not counting this team out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
            If NBC would let me know what time the game on Sunday is - I can make proper restaurant reservations ( Brunch or Dinner?) for victory prep for Game 5.

Game 4 ?

I would like to dress 5 new players who are HEALTHY and RARING to go - not to punish anyone (especially since we don't know who is playing HURT) but to inject more energy in our lineup.

I will leave that up to Lou and Barry. Just a thought.
            They announced that game 5 on Sunday will be at 7PM.

Comment

I demand this team have the pride that refuses to be swept. I demand every shift be played as if it was their last. I demand that every available shot be taken and that any ridiculous cutsie pass be punished by summary execution on the spot. There isn't a man that shouldn't crawl off the ice because they expended so much energy winning the game they drop at the final whistle.

These are the playoffs boys, and this is what is required EVERY SHIFT. Do it.
              The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

It seems like Mayfield has missed most of the practices in the post season. He must be pretty banged up but he's been out there playing hard.

https://twitter.com/BrettCyrgalis/st...14972013510662

Couple players missing from #Isles practice (final one of the year?) here in Raleigh, most notably Cal Clutterbuck. Also no Mayfield, Pelech, or Kuhnhackl.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                  It seems like Mayfield has missed most of the practices in the post season. He must be pretty banged up but he's been out there playing hard.

Love the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Love the guy.
                    It's hard not to.

Before this season I thought his ceiling was as a 6/7 guy. Remember the big Russian we took in the same draft, Pedan? I thought he had more potential than Mayfield. Guess I won't be quitting my day job.

Comment

He really improved as an NHL player.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...196499972?s=19

​#Isles in warmups. It's different.
                        Komarov-Nelson-Bailey
                        Kuhnhackl-Barzal-Eberle
                        Lee-Filppula-Beauvillier
                        Martin-Cizikas-Dal Colle
                        Leddy-Hickey
                        Pelech-Pulock
                        Toews-Mayfield
                        Lehner

No Clutterbuck
                        And Sbisa took a line rush with Pulock, too​​​​​​

Comment

Trotz pulling out all the stops

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...831509504?s=19

#Isles starters: Komarov-Nelson-Bailey, Leddy-Hickey, Lehner.

Comment

There is no tomorrow! Just win tonight!!

Let's Go Islanders!!!

Comment

Trotz pulling out all the stops

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...831509504?s=19

#Isles starters: Komarov-Nelson-Bailey, Leddy-Hickey, Lehner.
                              Boy's 100% of effort and leave nothing on the ice, just heard Dal-Cole playing ?

Comment

Working...
                              X