This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrlbem View Post

Ridiculous. You just switched from "people will pay more money in the later rounds if it's the Coliseum" to "have some compassion, you elitist, the reason real Isles fans don't go to Brooklyn is that they don't have the money." News flash for 2019: Going to a major league sporting event costs much more money than when we were kids. What's the excuse going to be when (if?) Belmont opens and the Isles try to make some money by jacking up ticket prices for non-STH's?
    Just for the record, I used to have 3 seats at Shea Stadium for many many years, but they priced me out of the market when they moved to City field.. And if you remember I used to have 3 tickets at the barn for many years but went down to two seats. Does that mean I can't be a Met's fan anymore ? LOL,

Comment

• Originally posted by mrlbem View Post

Wait, what, where?
      A friend of mine told me that this morning, so I assumed it was accurate. I don't see anything on it. I'll have to ask my buddy who works for them. He would know.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

A friend of mine told me that this morning, so I assumed it was accurate. I don't see anything on it. I'll have to ask my buddy who works for them. He would know.
        The quote from Lou was if he could push a button and change the place they would play the second round he would but can't so everyone has to deal with it. Thats what I heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

You have to take into consideration the families of 3 and 4 who attended the playoffs games, they could afford the increase of tickets for each round but did you take into consideration the cost of the railroad ticket ? Parking was $25, the railroad for just 2 on a off peak day from let's say floral Park is appox $37 addition, take someone from further out wonder what that cost would be. The food, Barclay's cost for food and beverages are at least 30% more. Not everyone on long Island who loves the Islanders can afford the Barclay experience. You have to put your self in someone else shoes. Lucky we or most of us can do this, but many can't. Are you saying only the well off or the duel income family should be able to root for a hickey team. You must have more compassion then that.
          Well, when Belmont is built, I would expect the food and beverages to be about the same as at Barclays.

Comment

You have to take into consideration the families of 3 and 4 who attended the playoffs games, they could afford the increase of tickets for each round but did you take into consideration the cost of the railroad ticket ? Parking was $25, the railroad for just 2 on a off peak day from let's say floral Park is appox $37 addition, take someone from further out wonder what that cost would be. The food, Barclay's cost for food and beverages are at least 30% more. Not everyone on long Island who loves the Islanders can afford the Barclay experience. You have to put your self in someone else shoes. Lucky we or most of us can do this, but many can't. Are you saying only the well off or the duel income family should be able to root for a hickey team. You must have more compassion then that.
            Anyone who eats at the arena is making a mistake. 2 hot dogs and a soda from the carts outside the arena is $5 at least the one by the Bank of America. I can't argue with anything else though.

Comment

The quote from Lou was if he could push a button and change the place they would play the second round he would but can't so everyone has to deal with it. Thats what I heard.
              I heard that also but I am not sure if it was on the FAN. Actually, I tink it was with Michael Kay. It was before rd 2 started.

Comment

• Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

I heard that also but I am not sure if it was on the FAN. Actually, I tink it was with Michael Kay. It was before rd 2 started.
                You may be correct, I wasn't sure where he said it, but I remember him saying it.

Comment

It wasn't but side by side it was 1000% better. Boston Garden, and a few other arena's are having issues, BUT Barclays is the worst. I am not picking on them just for the sake of picking on them.
                  Boston is on par with Barclay's right now
                  THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Boston is on par with Barclay's right now
                    Nothing is on par with Barclay's. That ice is criminally unacceptable for a high school venue.
                    The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Working...
                    X