This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Playoffs Round 2 - Isles vs. Hurricanes - Canes win 4-0

Since Mark is in China, I'll post the series thread.

Commence chat!

Kind of weird that Greiss played every Canes game in the regular season but likely won't start any this series. Part of me thinks pulling the old switcheroo would be so funny.

Comment

Here is the schedule

Friday, April 26, 7 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Islanders | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports

Sunday, April 28, 3 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Islanders | NBC, CBC, SN, TVA Sports

Wednesday, May 1, 7 p.m.: Islanders @ Hurricanes | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports

Friday, May 3, 7 p.m.: Islanders @ Hurricanes | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports

*Sunday, May 5, TBD: Hurricanes @ Islanders | TBD

*Tuesday, May 7, TBD: Islanders @ Hurricanes | TBD

*Wednesday, May 8, TBD: Hurricanes @ Islanders | TBD
      “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

3 PM on Sunday. Damn that is 3AM Monday morning here. Yeah, I am a good fan but I'm not THAT good.

7 PM on Friday, that is 7 AM Saturday morning. I should be able to watch the first, maybe into the second before I need to leave for work.
        “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

Do we have any former Canes on our team? Can't think of any off the top of my head. The Canes have de Haan, Nino, and I'm pretty sure I saw Chynoweth behind their bench.

Comment

Carolina is a dangerous team. That said, if Lehner doesn't slip Isles will win in 5 or 6.
            The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
              Carolina is a dangerous team. That said, if Lehner doesn't slip Isles will win in 5 or 6.
              I look at this match up in the following way, Goalies, advantage us, If Lehner fails, Griess can fill in, the defense= the loss of Boychuk hurts but over all ours is better and the way Dougie Hamilton played if he covers Barzel than Barzel is going to have a great series, we match lines almost even. coaches= Do I need to say more. Not playing at the Barn hurts, but we can take them in 5 maybe 6 games.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlbem View Post
                Do we have any former Canes on our team? Can't think of any off the top of my head. The Canes have de Haan, Nino, and I'm pretty sure I saw Chynoweth behind their bench.
                He's not playing but Ladd won a Cup there.

Comment

This is just weird. We are picked to win this series by every NHL.com writer but one.

https://www.nhl.com/news/stanley-cup...ns/c-306998908

Comment

Received an email about suite rentals with a discount. Man, that is either pathetic or a huge thank you for dealing with Barclays.

Comment

I don't know man, this could turn out to be a very challenging series. I wouldn't treat the Canes as slouch playoff team. They have some good leadership over there and I don't think they re going to die off like Pittsburgh did.

Comment

Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post
                        Received an email about suite rentals with a discount. Man, that is either pathetic or a huge thank you for dealing with Barclays.
                        I recieved the same e-mail, reason is the Barclay's have an issue getting Islanders fans to there barn.

Comment

Since Mark is in China, I'll post the series thread.

Commence chat!
                          Mark who?
                          "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Kind of weird that Greiss played every Canes game in the regular season but likely won't start any this series. Part of me thinks pulling the old switcheroo would be so funny.
                            Are you sure he won't get the start?
                            THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post
                              I don't know man, this could turn out to be a very challenging series. I wouldn't treat the Canes as slouch playoff team. They have some good leadership over there and I don't think they re going to die off like Pittsburgh did.
                              I agree this team has scared me all year. Right from game 1 of the season. They have a lot of nice young talent on this team. I'm just glad Skinner is gone! Freaking Islander killer that kid!
                              Last edited by TK27; 04-25-2019, 07:49 PM.
                              THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Working...
                              X