This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    Rask playing as well as he ever has. That makes the Bruins virtually unbeatable.
    Anything can happen in the playoffs, just ask Tampa Bay, but yes the Bruins are the odds on favorite.

Comment

I find myself pulling for the Bruins, too.
      I did as well but that kind of pissed me off. But what Columbus did to the trade market this year I think must have pissed me off even more!
      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
        Columbus ringing shots off the post like us.
        This game reminded me of the one where we hit 4 posts in our 2-1 loss. Nino in a huge battle with Nelson and Nino charges to the net and as he turns around (fantastic tip) The puck was right there and hit his stick tipped from one side of the net to the other side then hits the post and goes in.

That's hockey.

Comment

Hockey is a game of millimeters.
          Was that for us Canadians? We changed to metric in 76 and I still couldn't tell you how much a millimeter is lol. I know it is really small lol

Comment

Or in bizarro NHL world he only gets 2 minutes. Absurd.
            He will miss game 1 for sure at least. But ya once again the great NHL refs strike!

Comment

• Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

If Boston wins the series tonight, the handshake line should be interesting and the Blue Jackets are going to have a interesting if not terrible off-season with the moves they made to go all in and than fall short,
              I was really surprised how cordial they were in the handshake line.

Would you guys look differently at me if I told you I got in to a fight in a handshake line lol. What can I say? That was the last time I went in to a hand shake line and decided to adopt the Billy Smith ritual. (My mom was not happy with this decision lol)

Comment

God that is a weak call in the 3rd period of a 1 goal Game 6.
                They were trying to make up for the non Major (it's the NHL thing to do)

Comment

Bob needed to stop that one.
                  It is funny when that one went in I was thinking to myself. I wonder what Islander fans think of Bob giving that one up. I myself love Bob and think he is a better goaltender than Lehner. However when you take everything in to consideration as in salary.

I will take Lehner over Bob.

Comment

And game 1 except we were robed on the Lee goal which was taken away for a bull-**** penally, which killed us in the series.
                    Hockey is a crazy game. That one play very well could have changed the entire series. I too think we were robbed but what are ya going do?

Comment

Much tougher save than the 2nd goal.
                      Ya no goaltender was stopping that one.

Comment

Welp, a big price for 2 rounds deep. Was it worth it?
                        That is hard to say. I have never cheered for a team that never won a playoff series in their existence. I think I would have to be a Jackets fans to answer that question. As an Islander fan I give a resounding NO!

Comment

Depends what kind of roster they have for next year.
                          Like I said I really think only a Jackets fan can answer this question and they won't really be able to give that answer for about another 3 years. They have to feel what the aftermath does to them first to be able to give an accurate answer.

Comment

Anything can happen in a playoff series, but I expect them to take Carolina in 6.
                            Talking to my Bruin friends at work today and they informed me that the Canes owned the Bruins in the regular season. Of course we owned the Canes so there is that.

WHALERS VS BRUINS

Classic

Comment

• Caught the last half of the third. Col. Tried but Rask was a wall and the Bs D was smothering.

They said last night that the last time the Bs eliminated an opponent in game 6 on the road was against Hartford. Ironic that it's the Canes waiting for them after having done it again after all these yrs.

Comment

Working...
                              X