X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

He asked out and they accommodated him.
    So it took a quarter of the season for the rangers to go from wanting toughness to thinking they don't need toughness.

This will haunt them if Panarin gets run over or they lose in the playoffs over not having enough grit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justshoot2003 View Post

So it took a quarter of the season for the rangers to go from wanting toughness to thinking they don't need toughness.

This will haunt them if Panarin gets run over or they lose in the playoffs over not having enough grit.
      In don't even think they were playing him..I think that's why he asked for the trade.

Comment

• I wonder what the cost would be?

Following up on @FriedgeHNIC's report earlier on Brock Boeser's reps having permission to speak with other clubs: It's my understanding part of the reasoning is Boeser & his camp would welcome a change of scenery. Boeser has 2yrs ($6.65M AAV) left on his deal after this season.

Comment

I wonder what the cost would be?

Following up on @FriedgeHNIC's report earlier on Brock Boeser's reps having permission to speak with other clubs: It's my understanding part of the reasoning is Boeser & his camp would welcome a change of scenery. Boeser has 2yrs ($6.65M AAV) left on his deal after this season.
          I don't think he's what we need. Especially not with that contract. I've read that he's been injured a lot, and now his once elite shot is gone.

Comment

• Hearing some rumors at the Islanders are in hot pursuit of Timo Meier.
            The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
              Hearing some rumors at the Islanders are in hot pursuit of Timo Meier.
              Now that would be a good get, for now AND the future.

That being said, I assume any deal would include our first. As bad as we are playing, chances are that will be in the 8-12 range. But damn if we win the lottery and miss out on Bedard.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                Hearing some rumors at the Islanders are in hot pursuit of Timo Meier.
                We are always in hot pursuit, BUT never get our guy.

Comment

That being said, I assume any deal would include our first. As bad as we are playing, chances are that will be in the 8-12 range. But damn if we win the lottery and miss out on Bedard.....
                  Wouldn't you need to be in the bottom 5 still to have that chance? I know they are bad this season, but I don't see them coming that low.

Timo Meier is an outstanding young player and exactly what they need for their top line. I'd give up 2 first rounders and Wally and a guy like Aho for him in a hearbeat (I believe that was Jethro's proposal).

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Wouldn't you need to be in the bottom 5 still to have that chance? I know they are bad this season, but I don't see them coming that low.

Timo Meier is an outstanding young player and exactly what they need for their top line. I'd give up 2 first rounders and Wally and a guy like Aho for him in a hearbeat (I believe that was Jethro's proposal).
                    Didn't the Rags get Forum and Home in consecutive years without being bottom 5? I can't recall exactly how the draft lottery works now; they keep changing it. I know at one time all non-playoff teams were in it. But also at one time you could only move up a certain amount? Who knows???

The little I have ready about the draft, there are 4 high end prospects. So even getting the Blogs pick is really good. FYI they are all centers. Getting one of them and with Raty would give us the flexibility to trade Brock and/or Pageau.

Comment

• Just to clarify, this rumor is coming from somebody who has contacts inside the sabers organization. Whether it means anything, I don't know, but this is what I was told this morning.

Comment

Fool's Gold. I'll take the sure thing. Where we finished The chances of us winning the lottery and getting that top pick are going to be very very small.

Comment

That is why you do it only if it is lottery protected.
                          THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Working...
                          X