Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Talk

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mw147 View Post

    That was an epic tennis match. I really enjoyed it.
    I enjoyed it until she won. Can't stand her. Angry soul.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

      I enjoyed it until she won. Can't stand her. Angry soul.
      I don't like her either but she killed it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TonyD View Post

        I don't like her either but she killed it.
        Yup. It was impressive

        Comment


        • Got another good match going on now

          This Ausie is going to win it.

          Comment


          • So Horvat is looking like he is going to be traded as he doesn't want to re-sign in Vancouver and Vancouver is really struggling. There is a lot of smoke to the fire that the Islanders have been interested and apparently have sent scouts to Vancouver. He would be a Lou type of player.

            https://www.houseofhockey.net/REPORT...QkpxRiR3dTG2rI

            He is about a 60 point player, although this season he is averaging over a point per season (all the more reason why Vancouver could move him quicker while his trade value has increased).

            I wonder what it would take to get him and how much he would want in a contract? He currently makes $5.5M. Brock Nelson makes $6M, so he should come in around that amount. If he wants more, I don't think I want him.

            Perhaps a trade could be Beau, Aho, Holmstrom and a 2nd? Does that sound right?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
              So Horvat is looking like he is going to be traded as he doesn't want to re-sign in Vancouver and Vancouver is really struggling. There is a lot of smoke to the fire that the Islanders have been interested and apparently have sent scouts to Vancouver. He would be a Lou type of player.

              https://www.houseofhockey.net/REPORT...QkpxRiR3dTG2rI

              He is about a 60 point player, although this season he is averaging over a point per season (all the more reason why Vancouver could move him quicker while his trade value has increased).

              I wonder what it would take to get him and how much he would want in a contract? He currently makes $5.5M. Brock Nelson makes $6M, so he should come in around that amount. If he wants more, I don't think I want him.

              Perhaps a trade could be Beau, Aho, Holmstrom and a 2nd? Does that sound right?
              I don't like giving up 4 pieces, but it's not like we're going to miss the pieces you're talking about. Beau and Aho have no upside, Holmstrom is progressing slowly. I'd do that deal.
              "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tjay View Post

                I don't like giving up 4 pieces, but it's not like we're going to miss the pieces you're talking about. Beau and Aho have no upside, Holmstrom is progressing slowly. I'd do that deal.
                I don't see that package. None of those players have a lot of value. They would probably want a first, not a second.

                He's also a center. Who moves to wing?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mw147 View Post

                  I don't see that package. None of those players have a lot of value. They would probably want a first, not a second.

                  He's also a center. Who moves to wing?
                  Nelson

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jethro View Post

                    Nelson
                    Maybe but he's been so effective at center.

                    Barzy?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mw147 View Post

                      Maybe but he's been so effective at center.

                      Barzy?
                      when they have put Nelson Barzal and Lee together it has been dominant.

                      Problem like you said is that they would want at least a first rounder. I would rather keep the first rounder with the hopes of Patrick Kane but most likely unrealistic. I really don't know much about Horvat outside of he's scoring alot in his contract year, surprise, so not sure if he makes the team better or he's just a name.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jethro View Post

                        when they have put Nelson Barzal and Lee together it has been dominant.

                        Problem like you said is that they would want at least a first rounder. I would rather keep the first rounder with the hopes of Patrick Kane but most likely unrealistic. I really don't know much about Horvat outside of he's scoring alot in his contract year, surprise, so not sure if he makes the team better or he's just a name.
                        He is the Vancouver captain. Lou likes guys with character.

                        Would he fit on this team? Honestly I don't know.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mw147 View Post

                          I don't see that package. None of those players have a lot of value. They would probably want a first, not a second.

                          He's also a center. Who moves to wing?
                          I'd move Barzal, he's terrible at faceoffs.
                          "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

                          Comment


                          • Ahead of the season, Oliver Wahlstrom spoke of a new mentality, saying he put too much pressure on himself last season during an abysmal second half.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
                              So Horvat is looking like he is going to be traded as he doesn't want to re-sign in Vancouver and Vancouver is really struggling. There is a lot of smoke to the fire that the Islanders have been interested and apparently have sent scouts to Vancouver. He would be a Lou type of player.

                              https://www.houseofhockey.net/REPORT...QkpxRiR3dTG2rI

                              He is about a 60 point player, although this season he is averaging over a point per season (all the more reason why Vancouver could move him quicker while his trade value has increased).

                              I wonder what it would take to get him and how much he would want in a contract? He currently makes $5.5M. Brock Nelson makes $6M, so he should come in around that amount. If he wants more, I don't think I want him.

                              Perhaps a trade could be Beau, Aho, Holmstrom and a 2nd? Does that sound right?
                              If I am Vancouver, I am laughing while slamming the door at the proposal. Beau has less than zero trade value to begin with. First and 2nd rounders are going to be involved for sure but outside of that, I don't think the Isles have anything of value.
                              He's also a UFA too - I'd hate to give up first round picks for a rental. Unless it's a trade and sign but that would only up the price - which again, I don't think the Isles have the pieces for.

                              I also don't believe in this rumor either since it is coming from a garbage source.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TonyD View Post

                                If I am Vancouver, I am laughing while slamming the door at the proposal. Beau has less than zero trade value to begin with. First and 2nd rounders are going to be involved for sure but outside of that, I don't think the Isles have anything of value.
                                He's also a UFA too - I'd hate to give up first round picks for a rental. Unless it's a trade and sign but that would only up the price - which again, I don't think the Isles have the pieces for.

                                I also don't believe in this rumor either since it is coming from a garbage source.
                                Maybe this may convince you more. Straight from Lamoirello's mouth regarding the move to waive Soshnikov:

                                “We’re in a good position. Fortunately, we are healthy. We’ve got seven defensemen, we’ve got our two goaltenders, and we’ve got an extra forward, which is ideal,” Lamoriello said. “And it gives you the flexibility that if there is something that you’d like to do, you can do it quickly without maneuvering your roster.”
                                There are a couple of sources who have seen Islanders scouts in Vancouver. It's more than the NYI Hockey now guy who is rumoring this.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X