This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

And in an Athletic article today, Kevin Kurz throws out there that Greene's analytics (I know but stay with me!) have been poor recently. And he sat a few games as a healthy scratch a few weeks ago. Maybe he is done and will retire. In which case bringing back Z on a minimum contract is not a terrible idea. We still need a top 4 left handed dman regardless, but on a minimum contract Z provides some depth.
    I would absolutely bring Chara back next season...as our 7th D. I would even bring Greene as our 8th D.

But as you've said, we really need a top 4 LD, plus maybe a 3rd pair LD, unless maybe they think Salo is ready for that.

Maybe if they get a really amazing top 4 LD (Chychrun?), we could get away with using Greene and Chara in a 6/7 platoon.

Comment

• I wonder what it would take to trade for and sign Boesser?

https://thehockeynews.com/news/mille...th-the-canucks

J.T. MILLER AND BROCK BOESER STILL FACE UNCERTAIN FUTURES WITH THE CANUCKS

Speculation over the futures of J.T. Miller and Brock Boeser dogged the Vancouver Canucks forwards this season. While this season's trade deadline has passed, they will likely remain fodder for off-season trade rumors.

Comment

I wonder what it would take to trade for and sign Boesser?

https://thehockeynews.com/news/mille...th-the-canucks
        Why would Vancouver trade JT Miller? Wasn't he their leading scorer this year?

OK, just read the article.. I guess Cap reasons but he's still got a year before he's a UFA. I don't think they'd be in a rush to trade him. But I guess you get more back if you trade him now rather than later...
        Last edited by TonyD; 03-31-2022, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Come on Lou you can do this!

https://twitter.com/CraigSMorgan/sta...T9r0_VMvw&s=19

Jakob Chychrun on if he'd be OK if not being traded this summer: "I don't know. I'm signed for 3 more years. The trajectory of where the team is going & a lot of that stuff is important to me. I want to be in a position where I'm getting to play a week from now, not packing up."

Comment

• So....what are you giving up for Pasta? A lot and he would be worth it.

https://twitter.com/FlutoShinzawa/st...mLqtii2-g&s=19

If David Pastrnak doesn't want to re-sign, trading the right wing will initiate the rebuild. https://t.co/L3jW8Koh4l

Comment

So....what are you giving up for Pasta? A lot and he would be worth it.

https://twitter.com/FlutoShinzawa/st...mLqtii2-g&s=19

If David Pastrnak doesn't want to re-sign, trading the right wing will initiate the rebuild. https://t.co/L3jW8Koh4l
              Safe bet it starts with the 1st and Wahlstrom. One big difference with him vs the other top line guys available, significant playoff experience.

Certaibly not getting my hopes up, but Lee-Barzal-Pastrnak doesn’t look too bad.

Comment

• Arizona has a collective cap hit of 49 million. The cap floor will come in around 62.5. I'm hoping that Bailey contract looks appealing to them.
                "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                  Arizona has a collective cap hit of 49 million. The cap floor will come in around 62.5. I'm hoping that Bailey contract looks appealing to them.
                  Arizona and Ottawa are logical lending spots for Bailey, just hope Lou isn’t overvaluing him. Take a 3rd and run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post

Arizona and Ottawa are logical lending spots for Bailey, just hope Lou isn’t overvaluing him. Take a 3rd and run.
                    I really, really believe he has more value. 3 Isles coaches (including a future hall of famer) relied on him in key spots. He surely has value that we do not see around the league. His value to a team like Arizona is even higher, given that he has a $5 million cap hit (that they need) with only a $3.5 million actual salary. There is a deal to be made that brings us back better value than a 3rd.

Comment

I really, really believe he has more value. 3 Isles coaches (including a future hall of famer) relied on him in key spots. He surely has value that we do not see around the league. His value to a team like Arizona is even higher, given that he has a $5 million cap hit (that they need) with only a $3.5 million actual salary. There is a deal to be made that brings us back better value than a 3rd.
                      Teams that have cap space use it as a bargaining chip, usually you have to pay for them to take on the contract, we would need either team to take the full cap hit with nothing in return. Most likely have to give Bailey and a pick for them to absorb the contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jethro View Post

Teams that have cap space use it as a bargaining chip, usually you have to pay for them to take on the contract, we would need either team to take the full cap hit with nothing in return. Most likely have to give Bailey and a pick for them to absorb the contract.
                        Yup, that’s why I’m thinking a 3rd. Maybe Bailey has 2nd round pick/decent prospect value, but we have to give a little for someone to take his money.
                        Last edited by Scott; 2 days ago.

Comment

Hell, if Trotz was a GM somewhere we could get 2 1sts for Bailey. Barry lost me the moment he said Bailey was the medicine that makes any line better. In reality, it is the opposite.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	9494D444-3C64-4BDC-807A-E777FDC06F51.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	334.1 KB
ID:	198186

interesting….

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	9494D444-3C64-4BDC-807A-E777FDC06F51.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	334.1 KB
ID:	198186

interesting….
                              Cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jethro View Post

When it comes to Arizona it is a different situation. They are currently nowhere near the cap floor. Bailey works for them because his cap hit is $1.5 million more than his actual salary. To me that at least evens out them having cap space and using it as a bargaining chip. It may even more than equal out.

Comment

Working...
                                X