Robin Lehner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...224005632?s=19

Newsday: How G Robin Lehner's inspirational story has made him a favorite among #Isles fans https://t.co/eTNHfoXSE3 via @newsday
    “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

• Comment

• Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

https://twitter.com/NHLdotcom/status...507864064?s=19

​Ben Bishop (Stars), Robin Lehner (Islanders) and Andrei Vasilevskiy (Lightning) are finalists for the Vezina Trophy. The award is given annually to the goalie voted the best at his position https://t.co/frIGyqIkzw​​​​​​

Comment

• Very good news, thanks!

Comment

• Congrats Robin. However I don't think he will win nor do I think he should win. He played great for us but Greiss matched him game for game. Well earned nomination but I'm guessing he will walk away with the Masterton.
            THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• I agree TK, if I am a betting man, I would say Vasilevsky gets it. Robin is already getting some hardware and that too may go into consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                Congrats Robin. However I don't think he will win nor do I think he should win. He played great for us but Greiss matched him game for game. Well earned nomination but I'm guessing he will walk away with the Masterton.
                Totally agree.

I see it as even MORE impressive that he is nominated in spite of only playing about half the games. He won't win but it's impressive.

Comment

Congrats Robin. However I don't think he will win nor do I think he should win. He played great for us but Greiss matched him game for game. Well earned nomination but I'm guessing he will walk away with the Masterton.
                  But who wins it then out of those 3? I think he deserves it over both of those goalies.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

But who wins it then out of those 3? I think he deserves it over both of those goalies.
                    Not sure it will be Vis or Bishop but I do believe they have Robin as number 3 on that list.

Comment

Nothing cut and dry in the 3 nominations.
                      The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Not sure it will be Vis or Bishop but I do believe they have Robin as number 3 on that list.
                        If you listen to TB fans, they think Vaslievski is overrated. Bishop had very mediocre stats until after midway in the season and then he turned it on. While I think both Greiss and Lehner benefitted a lot from the system the Islanders used which cut down on quality opportunities against, they were still very good and if you base it on stats and the 2 other candidates, I really think he should have a legitimate case.

Comment

• I think there is the political game that will be played too, Robin will be getting hardware coming his way even without the Vezina. The Masterton is in the bag, the Jennings already won, they could very easily look at that and start point in another direction for some hardware parity.

I could be wrong of course but I don't think it's a ridiculous possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyD View Post
                            I think there is the political game that will be played too, Robin will be getting hardware coming his way even without the Vezina. The Masterton is in the bag, the Jennings already won, they could very easily look at that and start point in another direction for some hardware parity.

I could be wrong of course but I don't think it's a ridiculous possibility.
                            Pretty much along the same lines I was thinking Tony. However with saying that it is not like there haven't been other years like in the Gretzky years where one player would walk away with all the hardware. Of course now a days everyone gets a participation medal

Comment

• For Robin Lehner, the dream season that no one expected ended in a way that few could have imagined: Alone. It was a tough scene to swallow for Lehner’s teammates - and anyone who has followed his incredible story. Frank Seravalli writes.

Comment

• He was let down by the team.
                                The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X