Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruslan Iskhakov (C) -- 43rd Overall Pick in the 2018 NHL Draft

5'8" 152# out of Russia.

Smallish and speedy seems like. Here's an HF Boards thread on him https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...draft.2436773/
    Last edited by FranzyFan; 06-23-2018, 11:38 AM.

Small but that is today's NHL.

I just was told he is going to UConn next year, so no worries about him not coming over.

Comment

20. RW Ruslan Iskhakov (Krasnaya Armiya, MHL | 5’8, 152): Tenacious and explosive skater with quick hands and excellent footwork who pivots like a pro and makes sharp cuts while moving at a high rate of speed. He is a flashy player who can beat you with a variety of shots delivered via deadly moves made close to the goal. He also has pro-level vision and delivers his set-ups perfectly. He is a strong stickhandler and will get busy on the forecheck. Iskhakov also has a hard accurate shot with a quick release, and he still picks his corners while shooting off the pass. He has no problem taking the puck right to the net and draws a lot of penalties.
      https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2018...op-25-wingers/

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I just was told he is going to UConn next year, so no worries about him not coming over.
        Interesting. I could probably go up and visit him. I went to a summer camp about 5 miles from UConn.

Comment

Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

Interesting. I could probably go up and visit him. I went to a summer camp about 5 miles from UConn.
          Tell him to stay away from Gaza's dungeon

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post

If he speaks English, I'll do so. LOL

Comment

There is a thread at HF on this kid.

"Best hands in the draft."

Extremely high skill level.

Looks like another steal.
              The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

This 5'8" dude was born too soon
                THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post

There was a Grand re-opening just the other day!
                  THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                    There is a thread at HF on this kid.

"Best hands in the draft."

Extremely high skill level.

Looks like another steal.
                    Nice.

seems like Lou totally restocked the system in one fell swoop.

Comment

I don't know who the guy that write this is but he ranked Iskhakov 20 and wrote this about him: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...op-62.2501671/

20. Ruslan Iskhakov - If there's anyone suffering the most from non-exposure in this draft, it's Iskhakov. If he played in a league that got more coverage, you can guarantee he'd be a unanimous 1st round pick. He's an incredibly agile and mobile attacker that isn't restricted by his size. Although he can shoot, he seems to be much more effective in a playmaking role since his silky smooth skating and soft hand allow him to open up a lot of space for his teammates to operate. Iskhakov might be THE surprise of the draft. The one player that throws everyone off in a couple of years because no one saw him coming. Much like Johnny Gaudreau.
                      If this kid even comes close to Gaudreau, this might turn out to be the best draft we've ever had.

Also, MW, can you edit the title? Somehow I left out a K in his name and I cannot edit the title.

Comment

I don't know who the guy that write this is but he ranked Iskhakov 20 and wrote this about him: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...op-62.2501671/

If this kid even comes close to Gaudreau, this might turn out to be the best draft we've ever had.

Also, MW, can you edit the title? Somehow I left out a K in his name and I cannot edit the title.
                        Hint on editing a title - edit the first post that created the thread (only if it is yours, in this case it is) and you can edit the title. Took me some time and a lot of cursing to figure that out!

Comment

Hint on editing a title - edit the first post that created the thread (only if it is yours, in this case it is) and you can edit the title. Took me some time and a lot of cursing to figure that out!
                          I did that. However, when I put the cursor in the title section, my keystrokes didn't show up. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Comment

I did that. However, when I put the cursor in the title section, my keystrokes didn't show up. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
                            Hmmmmm....not sure. But I fixed it.

Comment

Hmmmmm....not sure. But I fixed it.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X