• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

It was an entertaining run.
    Which hopefully is not over!

Comment

• Team was better but let's not forget they surprised everyone the first year and the second and 3rd year they faded badly down the stretch in a Covid shortened season and a condensed season. Both those seasons they went on extended playoff runs but do they even make the playoffs if they were full seasons? There has been progress but in my opinion none of the weaknesses have been addressed as of yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jethro View Post
        Team was better but let's not forget they surprised everyone the first year and the second and 3rd year they faded badly down the stretch in a Covid shortened season and a condensed season. Both those seasons they went on extended playoff runs but do they even make the playoffs if they were full seasons? There has been progress but in my opinion none of the weaknesses have been addressed as of yet.
        You can only play the schedule you are given. No way to know what would have happened in full seasons. The biggest benefit of the playoff bubble was getting back Pelech. Without him maybe we don't make a run.

Comment

• Lou will have some interesting decisions to make next summer.

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...38750279241728

The New York #Isles now have $12.125M in cap space for the 2023-24 season, with a roster of 17 Free agents next summer include: Bellows Mayfield Varlamov Wahlstrom Parise

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
            Lou will have some interesting decisions to make next summer.

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...38750279241728

I don't think it will be that difficult other than Mayfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Wahlstrom could be tough negotiations, of course depending on how he does this season.

If Lou could finally move Bailey, we would have space ($17 million) to sign Wahlstrom and Mayfield, and still bring in 1 free agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Wahlstrom could be tough negotiations, of course depending on how he does this season.

If Lou could finally move Bailey, we would have space ($17 million) to sign Wahlstrom and Mayfield, and still bring in 1 free agent.
                I think Mayfield takes a discount - Wally really depends on his season and at the moment, it doesn't look like he will even make the opening night roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I think this all depends on if Scott wants to go home or if Long Island is now home. I'm hoping we lock Scott up. Might be the most under rated player on the Isles right now.Don't forget Cap is going up 4 million next year.
                  THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Happy Birthday Lou!

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/...O1HCo95CQ&s=19

Happy 80th Birthday to #isles    GM Lou Lamoriello, who becomes first man in #NHL history to manage a club into his 80s.
                    Only 7 others were GMs into their 70s:
                    F.J. Selke - 77
                    B. Murray - 73
                    J. Muckler - 73
                    C. Fletcher - 73
                    J. Rutherford - 72
                    D. Poile - 72 - current
                    G. Sather - 71

Comment

Working...
                    X