• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou Lamoriello - President of Hockey Operations

HOORAY!!

https://theathletic.com/363029/2018/...ey-operations/

Exclusive: Lou Lamoriello will be hired to run Islanders’ hockey operations

Lou Lamoriello will be running the Islanders’ hockey operations in a matter of days, sources confirmed to The Athletic on Monday. The former Devils and Leafs general manager has been rumored to be coming in, either as president of hockey operations, GM or both to replace Garth Snow, and now it’s a matter of when and not if.

Two sources also confirmed an online report from the French-language website Hockey30 that Lamoriello met with John Tavares last week, clearly in anticipation of assuming control of the Islanders. Tavares, as you all know, will be an unrestricted free agent on July 1 after playing out the final year of his contract with the Isles in 2017-18.

Where this leaves Snow, the Isles GM for the previous 12 seasons, is unclear. He and head coach Doug Weight arrived back on Long Island on Monday after spending last week at the World Championships along with Eric Cairns, director of player development, and other front-office staffers. Snow’s contract runs for at least four more years with a steep buyout clause.
    But Lamoriello, who was removed as Leafs GM on April 30 in favor of Kyle Dubas, will be fully in charge, sources say. It isn’t clear if the 75-year-old Lamoriello will be bringing anyone with him to join the Islanders front office, which already has his son, Chris, in place as assistant GM.

The meeting with Tavares last week was a clear sign that Islanders co-owners Scott Malkin and Jon Ledecky are still heavily invested in keeping their star and captain. Putting Lamoriello, a three-time Stanley Cup winner with during his historic tenure with the Devils, at the top of the front office adds a level of credibility that can only help the team’s chances of retaining Tavares, who has been craving that sort of respectability for the organization.

Never in doubt!

Comment

Our long national nightmare is finally over!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
        Never in doubt!
        You were the first one to call it months ago. Now, when Lou brings in Ron Hainsey to solidify the D, you and I are gonna throw a party! In Park Slope.

Comment

I want Snow gone

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
            Never in doubt!
            I said I wouldn't be duped again so to me this is still in doubt lol..................saying it is going to happen this week and having it happen are 2 different things.........ya I'm jaded
            THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post
              I want Snow gone
              We all do but as long as he is not involved in the hockey ops it is a price I'm willing to pay the Devil...................see what I did there?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post
                I want Snow gone
                Senior Vice President in charge of Pretzel Operations.

Could you live with that? I could!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Let me know when you want to call Brian. Though I can wait a day or two until Garth is back in Acadia National Park..

Comment

Originally posted by mrlbem View Post

Let me know when you want to call Brian. Though I can wait a day or two until Garth is back in Acadia National Park..
                    Soon......need to see how this shakes out a little but yeah, I am likely to be back. Which I always wanted to be. But under the circumstances that existed I was just not going to do it.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...55364848541700

Not at all unexpected and it goes without saying but will say it anyway: Lou’s arrival represents the Isles’ best chance of convincing JT to stay. Whether he does or not, of course, remains to be seen.
                      For the first time in forever.....now I expect JT to stay. I think he wants to stay but needed to have some hope. This should give it to him.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Doug Weight is sent packing.

Comment

Originally posted by mtrico View Post
                          Yeah, good guy, but if he's collateral damage, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I would prefer he cleaned the urinals but I guess I could live with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mtrico View Post
                              He needs to go!!! It is obvious Garth is locked in us but all the other stench needs to go!!!!!!!! Sorry Doug.......I liked ya but never loved ya!

Comment

Working...
                              X