Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 Halfway Point

Well folks, the season is half over.

It certainly has been a tale of 2 seasons. We started out looking so good, if we could just clean up the D a bit, and the goalies could get back to their career numbers, we looked like a team that could make a run in the playoffs.

But December was a disaster and January has so far continued that trend. It's so disappointing.

What say you?

“Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...70888448479232

Last four games for #Isles have been ugly, but this is a five-week slide with five wins in last 17. Tonight and Sunday are huge, huge games.

Comment

So who is your first half MVP? Personally I choose Barzal, he is so dynamic. But a case could be made for Lee, JT, and yes, Josh Bailey (and I do say that with a straight face).

Comment

I knew it was bad, but didn't realize how bad it was. 5 wins in the last 17??

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
          So who is your first half MVP? Personally I choose Barzal, he is so dynamic. But a case could be made for Lee, JT, and yes, Josh Bailey (and I do say that with a straight face).
          I give it to Bailey. No joke.

Comment

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...68735646367744

#Isles reached the halfway mark last night. 44 points — four more than they had halfway through last season. And that first half cost Jack Capuano his job.

Comment

It has to go to Bailey, Barzal a close 2nd.

Comment

Well folks, the season is half over.

It certainly has been a tale of 2 seasons. We started out looking so good, if we could just clean up the D a bit, and the goalies could get back to their career numbers, we looked like a team that could make a run in the playoffs.

But December was a disaster and January has so far continued that trend. It's so disappointing.

What say you?
                I say that RayDaisey was correct about almost everything he said about the on ice product and I ask everyone if they're ready for the next great rebuild? Because JT ain't signing unless we completely turn this around (and by that I don't mean making the playoffs as an 8 seed and losing to the hated TB Lightning again--I mean really kicking ass).

Comment

Originally posted by mrlbem View Post

I say that RayDaisey was correct about almost everything he said about the on ice product and I ask everyone if they're ready for the next great rebuild? Because JT ain't signing unless we completely turn this around (and by that I don't mean making the playoffs as an 8 seed and losing to the hated TB Lightning again--I mean really kicking ass).
                  It gets even worse - does Bailey re-sign? I mean he probably does if we give him 8 years at $8 million per, but who thinks that is a good idea?

Imagine this team next year when JT and Bailey walk for nothing. Then we are really back to full rebuild. Probably meaning Lee and Eberle are traded for picks or walk after next season.

Comment

It gets even worse - does Bailey re-sign? I mean he probably does if we give him 8 years at $8 million per, but who thinks that is a good idea?

Imagine this team next year when JT and Bailey walk for nothing. Then we are really back to full rebuild. Probably meaning Lee and Eberle are traded for picks or walk after next season.
                    Doug would not stay either & this would be Garth's 2nd or 3th rebuild. I have lost count. If that happens Belmont will be empty & the team most likely be moved. the last remaining fans would devolve. The last of the diehards would light a candle.
                    Last edited by 31GOALIE31; 01-05-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

When it comes to Bailey, I have to ask myself if I was the GM, how high of a contract would I go? I think I would go as high as 4 years and as high as $5.5M per on average. Anything above that, I don't think I re-sign him. He is having a career year, and he could very easily turn back into a turd next season.

Comment

How insane is it where we are at the point of discussing a full team rebuild if Bailey walks.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

When it comes to Bailey, I have to ask myself if I was the GM, how high of a contract would I go? I think I would go as high as 4 years and as high as $5.5M per on average. Anything above that, I don't think I re-sign him. He is having a career year, and he could very easily turn back into a turd next season.
                          Especally if he does not have JT as his center, remember how many 2nd assists does he have? JT made Moulson a 30 goal scorer, got Kyle a big contract, without JT, Bailey becomes Bailey again.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post

How insane is it where we are at the point of discussing a full team rebuild if Bailey walks.. lol
                            I know, I could feel the irony as I was typing that!!

Comment

I know, I could feel the irony as I was typing that!!
                              If Bailey walks alone, he can be replaced, it's his center you have to be concerned about.

Comment

Working...
                              X