Belmont - UBS Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyD View Post

I thought we did.. the conversation I thought sounded familiar. lol.
    Yeah, a statue at every gate.
    "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyD View Post

Absolutely NOT Wang!
      He has a plaque, imo, that's sufficient enough. Statues should be for people who accomplish extraordinary achievements.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
        Interesting discussion.

IMHO they should do a statue of Torrey and Arbour together as the first order of business.

Then I would do something to honor the dynasty teams. Having 5 or 6 players or more together might be too much and would leave some important players out. I am not sure how to accomplish this in a statue. People smarter than me can figure that out.

I absolutely, positively would NOT put up a statue of Charles Wang. Why him and not Pickett? For that matter, why not Spano (just kidding)?

https://eyesonisles.com/posts/3-thin...o-01g8f9m18bng
        I think 14 players were on all 4 cup winning teams. I'd like to see the team commemorate that somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I think 14 players were on all 4 cup winning teams. I'd like to see the team commemorate that somehow.
          I thought it was 16?
          THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I thought it was 16?
            We're both wrong. It was 17!

https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/c...ourne/c-465521

Comment

• For New York Islanders games, BMW is offering BMW owners, who arrive in their BMW, complimentary access on a first come, first served basis in Emerald Parking only. No action is required ahead of time to take advantage of this offer.​
              https://ubsarena.com/parking/
              Okay, so I've got to see how much does it cost to park compared to renting a BMW for the evening.

Comment

• See a few of the offerings for the upcoming Islanders campaign.

Comment

• UBS Arena To Unveil New Menu Items, High-Profile Chef

https://patch.com/new-york/fivetowns...rofile-chef​
                  First class all the way.

Comment

• Those food options look outrageous!

Comment

• If any Dime Community Bank customers - here are some benefits from them https://www.dime.com/ubs-arena-benefits
                      Dime Community Bank's founding partnership with UBS Arena allows us to give our members benefits and rewards when visiting the arena.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/stat...06388076761109

IT’S OFFICIAL!

Two-way access at Elmont-UBS Arena Station @LIRR is in effect for event days starting today. It’s now easier than ever to come to #Isles games and shows.

Plan your trip: https://go.ubsarena.com/KBYG

Comment

• Anyone care to comment about the amenities at UBS compared to what was at Barclays and the overall experience of watching a game between the two sites?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                            Anyone care to comment about the amenities at UBS compared to what was at Barclays and the overall experience of watching a game between the two sites?
                            Allow Kaszycki's Krew to take a stab.

The Krew has sat in a suite at Barclay's - but not yet at UBS. However from my perception - seems about a similar experience. I would bet any building built in last 8 years or so have a similar experience

The footprint at UBS in terms of concourses being wide and bathrooms perhaps more plentiful than Barclays. The sitelines at Barcs were awful. Good at UBS. UBS has parking - Barc did not on the property.

Barc's mass transit situation is far superior - 11 Subway lines and LIRR terminal. UBS is still a work in progress. But if you live in the city and can use the LIRR - its good. Eastbound to LI sucks now. I would bet it will improve someday.

UBS is a larger building with more seats for hockey and concerts. Barclays was bad for hockey but good for basketball and other things.

Comment

• The Krew was corresponding with a rep from UBS Arena (NOT the Isles)

My question: If I chose to go to work in NYC at say 7 AM and went to UBS Parking Garage - is it open at that time and can I use my parking pass at 7 AM and park there all day and leave after the game

Answer = If you have a valid event parking pass for that night - you can do that.

This is a potential game-changer for yours truly - now this can't work till the service at Elmont-UBS goes full time when the Grand Central Station is effective later this year.

FYI

I would still say "I will believe this when I actually do this for the first time" - but FYI

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
                                The Krew was corresponding with a rep from UBS Arena (NOT the Isles)

My question: If I chose to go to work in NYC at say 7 AM and went to UBS Parking Garage - is it open at that time and can I use my parking pass at 7 AM and park there all day and leave after the game

Answer = If you have a valid event parking pass for that night - you can do that.

This is a potential game-changer for yours truly - now this can't work till the service at Elmont-UBS goes full time when the Grand Central Station is effective later this year.

FYI

I would still say "I will believe this when I actually do this for the first time" - but FYI
                                That's very interesting. So you would drive to UBS in the morning. Hop on the train to get to work (although you will have a half mile walk to get to the train station). Take the train back from the city, go to the game and then drive home after. Very interesting for city workers

Comment

Working...
                                X