Belmont - UBS Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

A bit higher for sure. But the view is still terrific.

Right on the blue line. Absolutely love these seats.
    Are you close to that outdoor bar?
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Are you close to that outdoor bar?
      Other side of the building
      "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

• Will provide my review tomorrow

Comment

• So after waiting literally decades for our arena situation to be resolved in what seemed at times to be an impossible feat, the day arrived for me personally finally.

I took the Ronkonkoma train to Queens Village. We got on a short bus ride to the arena. Seeing the building lit up and up close felt almost like you were visiting an arena that you go to out of town. It was beautiful from the outside.

You then walk into the building at it instantly becomes surreal. It feels almost like you’re at a baseball stadium as it’s a massive structure with several levels to it. It just doesn’t seem like a building made for hockey. Every where you turn there are places to eat, bars and bathrooms and team stores like your in a huge mall.

I turned to my friend and repeatedly asked the question,” the Islanders play here?”. It felt like a dream.

I tried to take in as much as I could, but there is just too much to take in. The set up of the place was impeccable. I love the many bars and how you can watch from there, although I didn’t take advantage of it. Food choices are endless. I used the bathroom 3 times and never had to wait on a line. That was the biggest dream I had on waiting on the endless bathroom lines in the Coliseum and saying how badly that concourse was.

As for the inside it definitely has the feel of the Coliseum, but just larger. Sitelines were excellent. I sat in the 200s and it was great. The acoustics were very good. I peered into the luxury suites and they surround the arena and they were built for a new arena. Much better than the out dated, high ones that were few in the Coliseum.

What it made me realize is that we are now in the big leagues and this place has so many new ways to pull in revenue streams. It’s about time.

The new arena may take some time to get accustomed to, but it sure made a crappy night on the ice still a pleasurable one.

Taking the train back kind of sucked but that will be better next year when you don’t have to worry about going back to Jamaica. Tomorrow I will be driving in and early.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
            So after waiting literally decades for our arena situation to be resolved in what seemed at times to be an impossible feat, the day arrived for me personally finally.

I took the Ronkonkoma train to Queens Village. We got on a short bus ride to the arena. Seeing the building lit up and up close felt almost like you were visiting an arena that you go to out of town. It was beautiful from the outside.

You then walk into the building at it instantly becomes surreal. It feels almost like you’re at a baseball stadium as it’s a massive structure with several levels to it. It just doesn’t seem like a building made for hockey. Every where you turn there are places to eat, bars and bathrooms and team stores like your in a huge mall.

I turned to my friend and repeatedly asked the question,” the Islanders play here?”. It felt like a dream.

I tried to take in as much as I could, but there is just too much to take in. The set up of the place was impeccable. I love the many bars and how you can watch from there, although I didn’t take advantage of it. Food choices are endless. I used the bathroom 3 times and never had to wait on a line. That was the biggest dream I had on waiting on the endless bathroom lines in the Coliseum and saying how badly that concourse was.

As for the inside it definitely has the feel of the Coliseum, but just larger. Sitelines were excellent. I sat in the 200s and it was great. The acoustics were very good. I peered into the luxury suites and they surround the arena and they were built for a new arena. Much better than the out dated, high ones that were few in the Coliseum.

What it made me realize is that we are now in the big leagues and this place has so many new ways to pull in revenue streams. It’s about time.

The new arena may take some time to get accustomed to, but it sure made a crappy night on the ice still a pleasurable one.

Taking the train back kind of sucked but that will be better next year when you don’t have to worry about going back to Jamaica. Tomorrow I will be driving in and early.
            Hopefully I can step into UBS Arena one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by gear316 View Post

Hopefully I can step into UBS Arena one day.
              Would love to meet you in person!

Comment

• I still can't believe we have this place! Seems so sureal.
                THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                  I still can't believe we have this place! Seems so sureal.
                  Now I want to get the hotel up. Can't wait to plan an extended trip to the area.
                  "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• The new Elmont-UBS Arena Long Island Rail Road station opened on Nov. 16, four days before the New York Islanders’ first home game at the arena and amid concerns about the Belmont Park project raised by area residents.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Would love to meet you in person!
                      I would also love to meet you and others on this board. Hopefully my drive on Cross Island Parkway to the Emerald lot will be bearable (My aunt lives in Little Neck).

Comment

• https://twitter.com/NYSE/status/1465...9rripH_Lw&s=19

[email protected] and The @NYIslanders are in the house today to celebrate the grand opening of @UBSArena 🎶🔔🏒 The brand-new, state-of-the-art sports and entertainment venue in New York located at the historic Belmont Park. #UBSArena https://t.co/PibsF8sSD5

Comment

• Originally posted by gear316 View Post

I would also love to meet you and others on this board. Hopefully my drive on Cross Island Parkway to the Emerald lot will be bearable (My aunt lives in Little Neck).
                          It hasn't been too bad getting there, and getting home has been a breeze.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/AlCastlePWI/stat...1SXAdZUjA&s=19

The view from inside the brand new @UBSArena. #WWERaw https://t.co/mUTAgYJDaQ

Comment

• UBS rings the Opening Bell of the NYSE on 29 NOV - to celebrate the opening of UBS Arena. In addition to execs from UBS - Jon Ledecky, John Tonelli and Sparky represent the Isles.. (May have been others - but Kaszycki's Krew can only ID these three)

NYSE Bells 2021 on Vimeo
                              Join the web’s most supportive community of creators and get high-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos in gorgeous HD with no ads.

Comment

• It's a free for all and no one in charge. That's coming from homeowners who live near the new UBS Arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X