Belmont - future home of the New York Islanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

Yup, very exciting. I have to go and pick my kids up from school but I hate to leave.
    The web cam switched over to that spot and I took a picture. I have to go to a physio appointment right now but when I get home I will edit the pic and post it. There is a lot more steel up than it looks like! very cool
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

The web cam switched over to that spot and I took a picture. I have to go to a physio appointment right now but when I get home I will edit the pic and post it. There is a lot more steel up than it looks like! very cool
      So are you going to get to a game at the Coliseum before we move, or are you waiting for the new arena? I know a few people here who would be happy to take you to a game and show you around Long Island! Too bad there are no home games around the Christmas holidays. But there are 4 home games (3 at the Coliseum, 1 at Barclays) in a 1 week span from January 11-18, including a Ranger game. Sounds like a perfect time. Maybe we will look into a deal on a suite for the Barclays game.
      “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

So are you going to get to a game at the Coliseum before we move, or are you waiting for the new arena? I know a few people here who would be happy to take you to a game and show you around Long Island! Too bad there are no home games around the Christmas holidays. But there are 4 home games (3 at the Coliseum, 1 at Barclays) in a 1 week span from January 11-18, including a Ranger game. Sounds like a perfect time. Maybe we will look into a deal on a suite for the Barclays game.
        I am actually thinking about coming this year. I have had a few things pop up but I'm going to see what I can do! I really want to see the Coli before it goes!

Comment

• Beam me up Scotty! Click image for larger version

Name:	085-Beams.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	140463

Comment

• What's interesting is the wall is located on the Hempstead Tpke side and just south of that on the other side of Hempstead Tpke will also be part of the project (I think the parking lot too?). From what I remember, I believe they said that they were going to build a tunnel below Hempstead Tpke. Does anyone remember that?

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
              What's interesting is the wall is located on the Hempstead Tpke side and just south of that on the other side of Hempstead Tpke will also be part of the project (I think the parking lot too?). From what I remember, I believe they said that they were going to build a tunnel below Hempstead Tpke. Does anyone remember that?
              They did say that, I just don't know where that tunnel would be on the camera view we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom View Post

They did say that, I just don't know where that tunnel would be on the camera view we have.
                I think it is where that concrete wall is on the far side and adjacent to Hempstead Tpke. I could be wrong though

Comment

• I'm trying to figure out what that cemented in box might be closest to the camera. I'm wondering if that is where the ice plant will be?

Comment

I'm trying to figure out what that cemented in box might be closest to the camera. I'm wondering if that is where the ice plant will be?
                    I've been wondering about that ever since I started following the feed.

It appeared to me that something was down in there before they even started working. Maybe a very old foundation from a long ago torn down structure? I have no idea.

Would love it if there was someone who could answer some questions from time to time about what we are seeing going on at the site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom View Post

I've been wondering about that ever since I started following the feed.

It appeared to me that something was down in there before they even started working. Maybe a very old foundation from a long ago torn down structure? I have no idea.

Would love it if there was someone who could answer some questions from time to time about what we are seeing going on at the site.
                      Yes to bad we don't have a blueprint lol. Have you seen the progress they made today on it? The reason I'm guessing it might be the ice plant area is because I think that would be located in the basement part or the lowest part of the arena??????

Comment

• https://twitter.com/NYIBelmontArena/...00992880644099

#FridayVibes Just like the Coliseum last night, our new home in Belmont is electric! Great OT win last night as we get set for tomorrow night in Dallas. #Isles

9:19 AM · Dec 6, 2019 (PST)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ELHrBFCW4AEL3rU.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	439.6 KB
ID:	140642

Comment

• I wonder how long it will be until we can't see the traffic anymore. Once that happens I'm going to kind of miss it. I have been enjoying watching the crazy amount of cars you have in New York. Fun watching the rush hour

I would never make it in New York. If have to wait more than 1 light I get road rage! lol

Comment

I'm trying to figure out what that cemented in box might be closest to the camera. I'm wondering if that is where the ice plant will be?
                            That makes a lot of sense that it would be the ice system structure Click image for larger version

Name:	2133537D-8534-477A-A854-EB2C83892402.png
Views:	65
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	140709

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

That makes a lot of sense that it would be the ice system structure Click image for larger version  Name:	2133537D-8534-477A-A854-EB2C83892402.png Views:	1 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	140709
                              I have to imagine there are some huge turbines or something down there as well running the plant? I have no ideas if they have turbines I'm just guessing but the plant must be somewhat big whatever it is. That is a cool diagram thought thanks for the add.

Comment

• I wonder if Tammie can see those steel beams going up from her house?

Comment

Working...
                                X