On Ice Product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrlbem View Post

I like this. By the way, apropos of nothing here, my son, Ethan, got engaged last weekend. Mentioning it here because several of you, whom are my good friends, have known Ethan since I started taking him to games in the mid and late 90’s.
    Mazel-Tov

Comment

I like this. By the way, apropos of nothing here, my son, Ethan, got engaged last weekend. Mentioning it here because several of you, whom are my good friends, have known Ethan since I started taking him to games in the mid and late 90’s.
      Williamsburgh Ethan is engaged? WOW!!!! Wonder if there will be a table at the wedding which will be relegated ( The Krew tells that story from time to time)

CONGRATS to mrlbem and Mrs. mrlbem!

Comment

Congrats!
        "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

• The Krew is pleased with the effort so far. He is just worried that the game continues like this and the Pens score a soft one.

Comment

• So thinking about it.....the issue with this team so far is the 2nd line. Beau missed 9 games and wasn't playing well before he got hurt. Brock hasn't scored 5 on 5. And Bailey has been dreadful.

Get that line going and we are in the same general class as anyone outside of Tampa.
            "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
              So thinking about it.....the issue with this team so far is the 2nd line. Beau missed 9 Gawande wasn't playing well before he got hurt. Brock hasn't scored 5 on 5. And Bailey has been dreadful.

Get that line going and we are in the same general class as anyone outside of Tampa.
              Valid.

Comment

• It’s difficult for them to score more than 2 goals.

Comment

It’s difficult for them to score more than 2 goals.
                  Yep we proved that once again last night
                  THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

It’s difficult for them to score more than 2 goals.
                    and sometimes it's difficult for them to score even 2 goals.

Comment

Congrats! Hopefully there are some isles onesies in the not too distant future.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                        So thinking about it.....the issue with this team so far is the 2nd line. Beau missed 9 games and wasn't playing well before he got hurt. Brock hasn't scored 5 on 5. And Bailey has been dreadful.

I read somewhere that the 2nd and 3rd line wingers have 2 even strength goals in 17 games.

If true, that's a problem.

Comment

• Boston scored 7 goals tonight? That’s our total for a given week. Maybe.

Comment

• We've had our a**es handed to us the last couple of weeks. Even the excitement of opening a new arena couldn't get this team going. Where's the passion, drive, and desire that we've seen the last 3 years go?
                            "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                              We've had our a**es handed to us the last couple of weeks. Even the excitement of opening a new arena couldn't get this team going. Where's the passion, drive, and desire that we've seen the last 3 years go?
                              To me it seems they have lost their hunger. Leafs have hunger because they want to win a series. Some times success can take away the hunger and to me that is just what the Isles look like right now and that is before everyone went down.
                              THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                                We've had our a**es handed to us the last couple of weeks. Even the excitement of opening a new arena couldn't get this team going. Where's the passion, drive, and desire that we've seen the last 3 years go?
                                They played with heart both nites. Unfortunately we are not a high scoring team. Take out about 1/3rd of our starters and that's not gonna get better.

The 2nd game may have had better results if they shot the puck more. Playing pass the puck during a 4 on 3 PP is unacceptable garbage. The coaches not being able to develop a decent PP is a problem that predates Trotz.

Our roster is a blue-collar bunch that needs constant reminding of this b/c when they try to play like a bunch of Maestro's they usually lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X