• mw147
    started a topic Training Camp 2017

Training Camp 2017

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...46122018791426
    #Isles rookie camp roster. Camp begins Sept. 8

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I'm not sure I agree. I think he has better hands than you give him credit for. More importantly he does all the other things so well. You need a guy like him in your lineup.
    I'm not sure he has ever received a pass cleanly. I know he can put the puck in the net at certain times. But don't get me wrong I still like Kule. Plays his role very well.

Leave a comment:

• TonyD
    replied
    Yeah, I am a fan of Kuley ...

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I love the guy but he almost literally handles the puck like a grenade. Sometimes I just can't help but laugh. I'm like relax dude!!!!!! How he had over 30 one year I will never know lol
    I'm not sure I agree. I think he has better hands than you give him credit for. More importantly he does all the other things so well. You need a guy like him in your lineup.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I guarantee Kulemin will be in the lineup. I noticed in a recent pre-season game him and Weight being really chatty on the bench and laughing it up. Then factor in how much Chimera was used in games this pre-season and where he has been in the practice line-ups. That tells me a lot. Weight trusts Kulemin, because the guy is a reliable player. You need guys like him in your lineup that do a little of everything (granted I know he doesn't score as much as he should, but there are so many ways he contributes to the game otherwise).

I'm hoping that at the end of the season, the Isles re-sign him to something like a $2M per year contract.
    I love the guy but he almost literally handles the puck like a grenade. Sometimes I just can't help but laugh. I'm like relax dude!!!!!! How he had over 30 one year I will never know lol

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    And this will bring us down to 23 and our opening night roster. That's it for training camp 2017! Now the speculation can begin as to who plays and who sits on opening night. Time to start the game thread!

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...79261584093184

Oh, and I hope neither of them gets claimed. Having them at Bridgeport helps the younger players and if we have more injury issues you can do worse as your 16th and 17 forwards.
    This is so awesome and exciting. I honestly don't really care who sits the first few games. All 23 of these players 22 of which I like are going to get there chance to play a good portion of the games. Let the cream rise to the top!!!!!!!! Exciting times! Opening season puck drop can't come quick enough. I have playoff anxiety because of last seasons bad start. First 10 games I will probably have playoff butterflies in my stomach yeehaw. The fun is back!

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I love the depth we have at both the forward and defensive positions. I'll guess that Chimera or Kulemin are 12 & 13 and that's mighty good, IMO.
    I guarantee Kulemin will be in the lineup. I noticed in a recent pre-season game him and Weight being really chatty on the bench and laughing it up. Then factor in how much Chimera was used in games this pre-season and where he has been in the practice line-ups. That tells me a lot. Weight trusts Kulemin, because the guy is a reliable player. You need guys like him in your lineup that do a little of everything (granted I know he doesn't score as much as he should, but there are so many ways he contributes to the game otherwise).

I'm hoping that at the end of the season, the Isles re-sign him to something like a $2M per year contract.

Leave a comment:

• FranzyFan
    replied
    And this will bring us down to 23 and our opening night roster. That's it for training camp 2017! Now the speculation can begin as to who plays and who sits on opening night. Time to start the game thread!

Oh, and I hope neither of them gets claimed. Having them at Bridgeport helps the younger players and if we have more injury issues you can do worse as your 16th and 17 forwards.
    Highly unlikely either does. All teams put players on waivers over the past week and a few put better forwards on there.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied

I love the depth we have at both the forward and defensive positions. I'll guess that Chimera or Kulemin are 12 & 13 and that's mighty good, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

#Isles have put Stephen Gionta and Steve Bernier on waivers.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    I'm still not worried about JT and I think having Weight as head coach will have a bigger impact than if we'd kept Capuano and got Duchene.
    I'm not worried about him signing either

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I'm very excited about the season. The addition of Eberle. The coaching change. Better year from Ladd. Some really exciting rookies................what is there not to look forward to right now. I almost forget JT isn't signed yet.
    I'm still not worried about JT and I think having Weight as head coach will have a bigger impact than if we'd kept Capuano and got Duchene.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    I agree with you but at this point, I'm content to roll with what we have. More than content, I know it's preseason and the games don't count, but I'm salivating for the season to start!
    I'm very excited about the season. The addition of Eberle. The coaching change. Better year from Ladd. Some really exciting rookies................what is there not to look forward to right now. I almost forget JT isn't signed yet.

Leave a comment:

• FranzyFan
    replied

I actually see talent on Colorado, it depends largely on their goaltending. They may not make the playoffs but they should not be as epically bad as they were last year.

You never know how teams view themselves, but it seems unlikely anyone is looking to unload any good players now unless they have cap issues or want to move someone on a bad contract.

Plus I'm on the TK bandwagon, I would like to see how our young players perform first before giving up assets for a mediocre veteran. For the first time in forever I have some hope that our coaching staff will actually coach and nurture these guys instead of preferring to play the Marty Reasoners of the world.

Colorado looks like the 09-10 Isles. They have a little talent, but one of them is Duchene. Could he perform well in the hopes it helps get him out of there? Yeah, but he could as easily suck badly just because he's miserable. Plus, I don't think their defense has much to go on either.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post

I'm curious to see what teams look to add or move late in camp. After that, yeah, we will probably have to wait about 5 months.

Besides the playoffs, I would like a vet 3C behind Barzal. If we had say Duchene as 2C, I would be fine with Nelson/Beauvillier. After the Duchene ship seemingly sailed, focus should have shifted to cheaper 2Cs or at least a 3C. Relying on 3 kids is tough, we should be happy if just one of them make an impact this season.
    I agree with you but at this point, I'm content to roll with what we have. More than content, I know it's preseason and the games don't count, but I'm salivating for the season to start!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X