Ladd-Barzal-Bailey
    Dal Colle-Stevens-Chimera
    Durandeau-Jones-Holmstrom
    Johnston-Eansor-Fritz

Leave a comment:

• FranzyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I love how when they say something and then realize what they said and then cover their tracks lol............................. It's very professional, not that it wasn't before
    You're talking about Hickey's comment about professionalism, right?

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    I love how when they say something and then realize what they said and then cover their tracks lol............................. It's very professional, not that it wasn't before

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/i...mp/c-291062554

Islanders Ready For Tough Training Camp

Isles expecting a rigorous camp under Doug Weight

By all accounts, too much time has passed since the New York Islanders were all together at Northwell Health Ice Center.

For a season that ended in early April and one point shy of the playoffs, the start of training camp couldn't come soon enough and after 157 days, the Islanders gladly reported for the first day of training camp.

"It's the start of a new year, it's exciting," John Tavares said after doing physicals and a media circuit. "For myself and my team there's a lot that we want to rebound from and get better from."

A new year brings some new faces behind the bench and Head Coach Doug Weight has said it won't be business as usual when the on-ice portion of camp starts on Friday. Weight has promised a tough training camp and with new assistant coaches Luke Richardson, Kelly Buchberger, Scott Gomez, Fred Brathwaite and Chris Terreri on the team, there's a lot of new people to impress and new insights to be gained.

"He's brought in a lot of people that he trusts and Doug's done his homework," Thomas Hickey said. "It's exciting, all the people that are here are going to be in line with his philosophy and the way that he wants to play and coach. It's very professional, not that it wasn't before, but it's a new look for us and guys are excited to get going."

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Yup, and it feels like this is a meaningful start.

It's amazing, based on the poor PP I wanted Weight out along with Jack. But it sure seems like he was just being a good soldier, and has some VERY different ideas on how a team should be run. Some of you know that I'm always optimistic at this time of year. But this time I think there is better reason to be, it's a little more than just blind faith.
    Yep I feel the same way the only thing I would change is that I now think Doug was being an EXTREMELY good soldier!

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    https://twitter.com/BComptonNHL/stat...01858757804032

Jarome Iginla is not on the #Isles training camp roster, for those who have asked.
    Good

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

gotta start somewhere.
    Yup, and it feels like this is a meaningful start.

It's amazing, based on the poor PP I wanted Weight out along with Jack. But it sure seems like he was just being a good soldier, and has some VERY different ideas on how a team should be run. Some of you know that I'm always optimistic at this time of year. But this time I think there is better reason to be, it's a little more than just blind faith.

Leave a comment:

• FranzyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post

Basically. Have we mentioned how winning starts with the attitude of management? I think we have maybe once or twice the last decade. Problem is, even with Capuano gone there is still ownership and the front office setting a loser tone.
    gotta start somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...19799478034432

Clutterbuck on Sunday's Coliseum game: "It's the first time I've seen so many veterans say they want to play the first preseason game."

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied

Running the country club?
    Basically. Have we mentioned how winning starts with the attitude of management? I think we have maybe once or twice the last decade. Problem is, even with Capuano gone there is still ownership and the front office setting a loser tone.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    https://twitter.com/BComptonNHL/stat...01858757804032

Jarome Iginla is not on the #Isles training camp roster, for those who have asked.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Weight is changing things up a lot but so much of it is just instituting basics. So, what exactly was Capunao doing?!
    Running the country club?

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Weight is changing things up a lot but so much of it is just instituting basics. So, what exactly was Capunao doing?!

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Country Club days are over, right 31Goalie31?

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...82331495043081

#Isles vets now doing conditioning tests with full coaching staff on ice. Weight wants them ready out of the gate, this is first step.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

I am not sure how AHL contracts work in landing an NHL contract with another team, but if it locks you in, it could be why he is opting for a PTO to get noticed.
    Maybe, just hope that opportunity isn't here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X