• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FranzyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Whoa, you outbid Barry for the Barzal?
    Yep, I did!

I doubt he even bid on it for the price I paid. Although he only wore it one regular season game, so maybe Barry didn't value it highly..

BTW, unless I am missing something we have a 2nd and 3rd emoji but no 1st and no Stanley Cup. I think that needs to be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
    Beauvillier is going to find himself in Bridgeport. Just a prediction.
    That would be a hard pill to swallow

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

I think you're right that Prince is out 4-6 months from August. Quine might be back next week, but I think mid to late October is more likely. However, I was talking about the game roster and not the 23 man team roster. After tonight's game, it seems even more likely Barzal should be in the line-up to open the season.

I really hope it happens because I plan to wear my game-worn (albeit very lightly used) Barzal jersey from last season at the home opener.
    Whoa, you outbid Barry for the Barzal?

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Beauvillier is going to find himself in Bridgeport. Just a prediction.

Leave a comment:

• FranzyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post

Prince is out for a while, right? About 6 months? So he isn't a factor. Quine will be back relatively soon though, could be very interesting. Quine is a good 13th forward option, obviously doesn't make sense to have any of the kids or mid-level vets in that spot. Something has to give.
    I think you're right that Prince is out 4-6 months from August. Quine might be back next week, but I think mid to late October is more likely. However, I was talking about the game roster and not the 23 man team roster. After tonight's game, it seems even more likely Barzal should be in the line-up to open the season.

I really hope it happens because I plan to wear my game-worn (albeit very lightly used) Barzal jersey from last season at the home opener.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post
    Don't know what opening night will look like but the season open roster is how I want it to be for now. Big question is what happens when Quine & Prince are healthy. Assuming Barzal plays two of the last three and looks as good as he did in the first two, I don't see how they can leave him off the opening night roster. Though this is the Islanders.
    Prince is out for a while, right? About 6 months? So he isn't a factor. Quine will be back relatively soon though, could be very interesting. Quine is a good 13th forward option, obviously doesn't make sense to have any of the kids or mid-level vets in that spot. Something has to give.
    Last edited by Scott; 09-25-2017, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    https://twitter.com/brendanmburke/st...56463458947072

More special teams work this morning and significant time spent working 5-on-3. #Isles

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...95867833536514

Gibson, Gudlevskis, Helgeson, Jones clear waivers.

Leave a comment:

• FranzyFan
    replied
    Don't know what opening night will look like but the season open roster is how I want it to be for now. Big question is what happens when Quine & Prince are healthy. Assuming Barzal plays two of the last three and looks as good as he did in the first two, I don't see how they can leave him off the opening night roster. Though this is the Islanders.

Leave a comment:

• 31GOALIE31
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Feels like Dougie might not see it the same way as Garth. I wonder who wins that argument?
    Interesting fight, the Good Coach vs the GM with a Iron clad protected contract.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

See above, only thing he does not have his the GM"S love for him as he has for the other Bailey.
    Feels like Dougie might not see it the same way as Garth. I wonder who wins that argument?

Leave a comment:

• 31GOALIE31
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Doesn't he have more goals than the other Bailey as well?
    See above, only thing he does not have his the GM"S love for him as he has for the other Bailey.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

More assist, more checks, and more fights as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

We send the better Bailey to the Bridge.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Only extras now are Gionta and Bernier.

https://twitter.com/brendanmburke/st...66737279639558

31 is really 25 when you remove injured players and guys on waivers. 15 forwards, 8 defensemen, 2 goalies. #Isles https://t.co/g36aMINyYD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X