Training Camp 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Yup, and it feels like this is a meaningful start.

It's amazing, based on the poor PP I wanted Weight out along with Jack. But it sure seems like he was just being a good soldier, and has some VERY different ideas on how a team should be run. Some of you know that I'm always optimistic at this time of year. But this time I think there is better reason to be, it's a little more than just blind faith.
    Yep I feel the same way the only thing I would change is that I now think Doug was being an EXTREMELY good soldier!
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/i...mp/c-291062554

Islanders Ready For Tough Training Camp

Isles expecting a rigorous camp under Doug Weight

By all accounts, too much time has passed since the New York Islanders were all together at Northwell Health Ice Center.

For a season that ended in early April and one point shy of the playoffs, the start of training camp couldn't come soon enough and after 157 days, the Islanders gladly reported for the first day of training camp.

"It's the start of a new year, it's exciting," John Tavares said after doing physicals and a media circuit. "For myself and my team there's a lot that we want to rebound from and get better from."

A new year brings some new faces behind the bench and Head Coach Doug Weight has said it won't be business as usual when the on-ice portion of camp starts on Friday. Weight has promised a tough training camp and with new assistant coaches Luke Richardson, Kelly Buchberger, Scott Gomez, Fred Brathwaite and Chris Terreri on the team, there's a lot of new people to impress and new insights to be gained.

"He's brought in a lot of people that he trusts and Doug's done his homework," Thomas Hickey said. "It's exciting, all the people that are here are going to be in line with his philosophy and the way that he wants to play and coach. It's very professional, not that it wasn't before, but it's a new look for us and guys are excited to get going."
      Belmont and/or Bust!!!

Comment

I love how when they say something and then realize what they said and then cover their tracks lol............................. It's very professional, not that it wasn't before

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I love how when they say something and then realize what they said and then cover their tracks lol............................. It's very professional, not that it wasn't before
          You're talking about Hickey's comment about professionalism, right?

Comment

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...01757546647552

#Isles group one lines:
            Lee-Tavares-Eberle
            Ladd-Barzal-Bailey
            Dal Colle-Stevens-Chimera
            Durandeau-Jones-Holmstrom
            Johnston-Eansor-Fritz
            Belmont and/or Bust!!!

Comment

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...03621809934337

#Isles group one D pairs:
              Leddy-Pulock
              Hickey-Burroughs
              Vande Sompel-Seidenberg
              Lafranchise-Aho

Halak and Greiss are the goalies.
              Belmont and/or Bust!!!

Comment

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...26045322485760

#Isles group two lines:
                Nelson-Beau-Ho-Sang
                Kulemin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
                Bellows-Kubiak-Bernier
                St. Denis-Gionta-C. Bailey
                Turcotte-Schempp
                Belmont and/or Bust!!!

Comment

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...28625133948930

#Isles group two D pairs: Toews-Boychuk de Haan-Pelech Wotherspoon-Mayfield Helgeson-Quenneville Gibson, Gudlevskis and McAdam in goal.
                  Belmont and/or Bust!!!

Comment

Looks like some serious foreshadowing with those forward lines. Can easily see the 4 vet combos being on the ice opening night although Chimera will likely be, and rightfully so, in there somewhere, with a kid in Bridgeport. Or, kid goes to Brdgeport when Quine returns, Chimera/Kulemin share 13th forward spot until then.
                    Last edited by Scott; 09-16-2017, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      Looks like some serious foreshadowing with those forward lines. Can easily see the 4 vet combos being on the ice opening night although Chimera will likely be, and rightfully so, in there somewhere, with a kid in Bridgeport. Or, kid goes to Brdgeport when Quine returns, Chimera/Kulemin share 13th forward spot until then.
                      I like the 4 vet combo, but I'd replace Bailey with Chimera. I haven't seen Barzal play, but by looking at his stats, goals vs assists, he comes off as the type of player who likes to set up his wingers and what's the point in setting up Bailey?
                      #Bloodoath

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I like the 4 vet combo, but I'd replace Bailey with Chimera. I haven't seen Barzal play, but by looking at his stats, goals vs assists, he comes off as the type of player who likes to set up his wingers and what's the point in setting up Bailey?
                        I agree, all goes well in terms of kids stepping up and guys being healthy, Bailey should be the odd man out. But, Barzal will have Ladd on his LW as a finisher, too, so I wouldn't get too crazy about Bailey on RW. Also, lines will change, possibly as soon as the 2nd period of the 1st game. The other factor is Barzal himself shooting more. He has the talent to net 20+ if he gets more aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

LOL both mine and Tjays go to lines are...................... I like that but I would replace Bailey lol

Comment

I agree, all goes well in terms of kids stepping up and guys being healthy, Bailey should be the odd man out. But, Barzal will have Ladd on his LW as a finisher, too, so I wouldn't get too crazy about Bailey on RW. Also, lines will change, possibly as soon as the 2nd period of the 1st game. The other factor is Barzal himself shooting more. He has the talent to net 20+ if he gets more aggressive.
                            I know Barzal is a pass first kind of player. I have seen that with my own eyes. However I found it interesting when he hit the big stage at the WJC's for team Canada. He led the team in shots..........go figure?

Comment

Ho-Sang should be on that 2nd line right winger... and agree with Chimera

Comment

This is a split squad, 2 games. If I see anything about a telecast of the other game I'll post it.

https://twitter.com/todougherty/stat...98971180822528

For those interested: Tonight's #Flyers-#Islanders game in Allentown is on TCN and will be streaming on https://t.co/az2gfz6Sas.
                                Belmont and/or Bust!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X