Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Terreri - Goaltending Development Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chris Terreri - Goaltending Development Coach

    http://www.soundtigers.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211662792

    Islanders Name Chris Terreri Goaltending Coach

    The New York Islanders announced today that Chris Terreri (pictured on right) has been named the team's goaltending development coach and goalie coach for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Terreri will work with goaltenders throughout the Islanders organization, including those playing with the club's minor league affiliates and amateur prospects. He'll also serve the team in a scouting capacity.

    Terreri spent the last sixteen seasons as a member of the New Jersey Devils coaching staff. He spent the last eight seasons as New Jersey's Goaltending Coach, working with goalies Martin Brodeur and Cory Schneider, among others.
    If nothing else we do seem to be building a World Class coaching staff.

    Belmont and/or Bust!!!

  • #2
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    http://www.soundtigers.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211662792



    If nothing else we do seem to be building a World Class coaching staff.
    Only took a few decades
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought goaltending development would have fallen under Bratwatie. I like that we have two coaches, one for the parent club and another for prospects. I love the direction Doug is taking us. With all of the extra additions to the coaching staff, can't help but think Jack was more unprepared than I realized.
      #Bloodoath

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tjay View Post
        I thought goaltending development would have fallen under Bratwatie. I like that we have two coaches, one for the parent club and another for prospects. I love the direction Doug is taking us. With all of the extra additions to the coaching staff, can't help but think Jack was more unprepared than I realized.
        I think we got used to Jack's style, even if we knew it was less than elite. The contrast to Doug is startling. Reminds me of the people who said coaching doesn't matter, or doesn't matter very much. It absolutely matters, and it starts with preparation and the mental attitude of the players.
        Belmont and/or Bust!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mw147 View Post

          I think we got used to Jack's style, even if we knew it was less than elite. The contrast to Doug is startling. Reminds me of the people who said coaching doesn't matter, or doesn't matter very much. It absolutely matters, and it starts with preparation and the mental attitude of the players.
          Coaching is the reason that Garth should be fired not draft picks or trades because all GM's are hit and miss in those areas. Staying with Jack was inexcusable. This also brings me to why i have some serious questions about this ownership group besides the whole potential arena disaster how much money could it really be that it stops them from firing Snow? Even if its 10 million who cares pay it off and make the team better or reassign him in the organization.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jethro View Post

            Coaching is the reason that Garth should be fired not draft picks or trades because all GM's are hit and miss in those areas. Staying with Jack was inexcusable. This also brings me to why i have some serious questions about this ownership group besides the whole potential arena disaster how much money could it really be that it stops them from firing Snow? Even if its 10 million who cares pay it off and make the team better or reassign him in the organization.
            I think Garth would make a great assistant GM.
            #Bloodoath

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tjay View Post
              I thought goaltending development would have fallen under Bratwatie. I like that we have two coaches, one for the parent club and another for prospects. I love the direction Doug is taking us. With all of the extra additions to the coaching staff, can't help but think Jack was more unprepared than I realized.
              Don't undersell yourself you knew how unprepared Jack was
              THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

              Comment


              • #8
                Nice to have a former Islanders player in as Goalie Coach !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mw147 View Post

                  I think we got used to Jack's style, even if we knew it was less than elite. The contrast to Doug is startling. Reminds me of the people who said coaching doesn't matter, or doesn't matter very much. It absolutely matters, and it starts with preparation and the mental attitude of the players.
                  Been off the grid for awhile.. summer has be all over the place -

                  anyways - I just never understood how there are people who feel coaching doesn't matter. Of all the things that can be debated - this is one of those things that is just a simply moronic statement and should not even be a debate.

                  That said, I am very interested in seeing what Weight and this (nice group of a) coaching staff can do with this less than stellar roster. My hope is that the veterans play to their potential at the very least (which would be a very good thing) and the younger guys excel and really shine.
                  Last edited by TonyD; 08-31-2017, 02:34 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TonyD View Post

                    Been off the grid for awhile.. summer has be all over the place -

                    anyways - I just never understood how there are people who feel coaching doesn't matter. Of all the things that can be debated - this is one of those things that is just a simply moronic statement and should not even be a debate.

                    That said, I am very interested in seeing what Weight and this (nice group of a) coaching staff can do with this less than stellar roster. My hope is that the veterans play to their potential at the very least (which would be a very good thing) and the younger guys excel and really shine.
                    I'm looking forward to it as well but I think we have a better line-up than just less than stellar.
                    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TK27 View Post

                      I'm looking forward to it as well but I think we have a better line-up than just less than stellar.
                      The line up all hinges on what the young guys become. After the first line, everything is just potential and/or 3rd liners. This team is missing a strong 1-2 punch. Our defense while, Weight is very optimistic, I don't think any of us share his faith just yet.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X