Garth Snow - OUT AS GM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garth Snow - OUT AS GM!

In past boards I have been really tough on Garth, calling him a GM in training, Charles puppet, etc,etc, etc. Now that we have a new building & a new board to discuss things I am going to give Garth a clean slate, a new beginning. So Garth go out & solve the Kyle & Brock Nelson issue. Be your own man as much as you can with charles & the new owners looking over your shoulder. Don't let Jack screw up this new season.

That is a very fresh and fair attitude!!!
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Who kidnapped 31GOALIE31 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
        Who kidnapped 31GOALIE31 ?
        Nope not kidnapped, either Garth gets it right or he has enough rope to hang himself. No excuses this year.

Comment

My opinion of Snow has changed so much and so often over the past few years that even I have lost track.

Right now, today, Snow is without a doubt one of the 5 best GM's in the game. He is one NHL caliber head coach from being THE best, IMHO. His maneuverings and trades the past 2 years have been nothing less than miraculous.
          The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
            My opinion of Snow has changed so much and so often over the past few years that even I have lost track.

Right now, today, Snow is without a doubt one of the 5 best GM's in the game. He is one NHL caliber head coach from being THE best, IMHO. His maneuverings and trades the past 2 years have been nothing less than miraculous.
            Until we as a team get out of the first round of the playoffs, his moves are good but have not taken us to the next level. This is the make or break year for both the GM & coach.

Comment

I think Snow should be safe. Capuano on the other hand....

If the special teams aren't improved this season, that will be alarming. They have the horses for a good PP and good PK. It must be improved. It's the only weakness I see in this team coming into the year, which is tied to the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
                I think Snow should be safe. Capuano on the other hand....

If the special teams aren't improved this season, that will be alarming. They have the horses for a good PP and good PK. It must be improved. It's the only weakness I see in this team coming into the year, which is tied to the coaching staff.
                Agree this unit should be at least 2nd round playoff bound barring major injuries, but Jack does not inspire any confidence, as a cheer-leader yes, as a coach, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

Until we as a team get out of the first round of the playoffs, his moves are good but have not taken us to the next level. This is the make or break year for both the GM & coach.

Because the GM is responsible for hiring the coach, I absolutely agree. Snow has proved he is no idiot - which makes the Capuano situation more confusing.

Comment

Because the GM is responsible for hiring the coach, I absolutely agree. Snow has proved he is no idiot - which makes the Capuano situation more confusing.
                    I think but can't prove Chuck has a hand in this, cheap labor, yes man, can take orders & owes Chuck a lot. The fall guy for everyone.

Comment

I think but can't prove Chuck has a hand in this, cheap labor, yes man, can take orders & owes Chuck a lot. The fall guy for everyone.

I think it is all Snow. Chuckie has little say in anything anymore, IMHO.

Comment

I am totally baffled. Snow has to see it. At least I would think that.

Comment

I think it is all Snow. Chuckie has little say in anything anymore, IMHO.
                          Maybe but Chuck is a control freak who is in charge of hockey operations, has a say in total hockey payroll & may wish to keep the coaches salary low.

Comment

Maybe but Chuck is a control freak who is in charge of hockey operations, has a say in total hockey payroll & may wish to keep the coaches salary low.
                            He is spending on players why skimp on the coach? What you say may have been true in the past when Charles was pinching every penny he could get his hands on. But the situation has clearly changed for the better. I think this is all on Garth (all being the choice of coach). Now that being said I doubt Charles would spend Babcock money. But if Garth went to him and said we need an upgrade at coach and it is going to cost X, I think Charles would go along.

Comment

Charles is cheap - even with other people's money. He has to consult with Rickey of course

Comment

Working...
                              X