Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanner Fritz

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...94574703546370

#Isles announce Tanner Fritz signs a two-way deal for next season.
    Bridgeport signing.
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Yeah, "Bridgeport signing". I guarantee he is ahead of Barzal and Dal Colle on Snow's NHL depth chart for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Yeah, "Bridgeport signing". I guarantee he is ahead of Barzal and Dal Colle on Snow's NHL depth chart for next year.
      If he is ahead of Barzal, I may officially have to kill myself.

Comment

well if they need a 4th liner to come up and play 2 min a night then he should be ahead of him. Having Ho-Sang down at the Bridge didn't seem to hurt him it actually made him a Pro and we are seeing a player properly developed

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
          well if they need a 4th liner to come up and play 2 min a night then he should be ahead of him. Having Ho-Sang down at the Bridge didn't seem to hurt him it actually made him a Pro and we are seeing a player properly developed
          I agree 100%. Barzal has nothing to do with a 4th line depth guy. He might need some time in Bridgeport, might not. But I would be more concerned if they keep Prince and Quince instead of Barzal. Fritz is not relevant and actually helps young players in Bridgeport to develop because all of the pressure is not on the young guys.

Ho-Sang is playing every night. Beau is playing every night. Quine and Prince are splitting one spot. My opinion is that this had more to do with Capuano than Garth. I blame Garth for keeping Capuano WAY to long. I blame him for some bad draft choices (Reinhart, Nino). But these last few weeks have told me that maybe the lack of development was more on Jack than Garth. I still think Garth needs to be replaced, but not everything he did was wrong (just too much, for too long).

Comment

Ho-Sang was a project prospect. Barzal is supposed to be some insta-stud. The better top 2 line forwards spend little to no time in the AHL. It is not a developmental league, it's an extended bench. Mostly a league of tweeners. Similar to AAA in baseball. Ho-Sang even admitted that he had to change his game shifting form the AHL to the NHL. The AHL does NOT prepare players for the NHL to the extent many want to believe.

I'm not talking about logic, I'm talking about the way Snow sees things. He clearly overvalues guys lie Fritz.
            Last edited by Scott; 03-31-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I agree 100%. Barzal has nothing to do with a 4th line depth guy. He might need some time in Bridgeport, might not. But I would be more concerned if they keep Prince and Quince instead of Barzal. Fritz is not relevant and actually helps young players in Bridgeport to develop because all of the pressure is not on the young guys.

Ho-Sang is playing every night. Beau is playing every night. Quine and Prince are splitting one spot. My opinion is that this had more to do with Capuano than Garth. I blame Garth for keeping Capuano WAY to long. I blame him for some bad draft choices (Reinhart, Nino). But these last few weeks have told me that maybe the lack of development was more on Jack than Garth. I still think Garth needs to be replaced, but not everything he did was wrong (just too much, for too long).
              Without a doubt, I always blamed Cappy for development issues. How can guys look like studs in juniors and the AHL, come up to big league and crap out quickly? Because the coach is a moron. As for Fritz, coaches should have a lot say in who comes up especially to replace injured players and who gets on the opening night roster. Based on his lineup decisions, does anyone really believe Weight would have played Strait over guys like de Haan, Donovan or Pulock? I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

Without a doubt, I always blamed Cappy for development issues. How can guys look like studs in juniors and the AHL, come up to big league and crap out quickly? Because the coach is a moron. As for Fritz, coaches should have a lot say in who comes up especially to replace injured players and who gets on the opening night roster. Based on his lineup decisions, does anyone really believe Weight would have played Strait over guys like de Haan, Donovan or Pulock? I don't.
                I don't know what to think anymore Adam? I would never think any intelligent hockey person would ever glue Josh Bailey to JT's right side and then throw him out on the Number 1 PP as the D quarterback.

So if these guys like Cappy and Doug are right then it can only mean 1 thing............................................. ........ I don't know a dam thing about hockey
                THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I don't know what to think anymore Adam? I would never think any intelligent hockey person would ever glue Josh Bailey to JT's right side and then throw him out on the Number 1 PP as the D quarterback.

So if these guys like Cappy and Doug are right then it can only mean 1 thing............................................. ........ I don't know a dam thing about hockey
                  The Bailey stuff does give me pause. I have no idea why that experiment hasn't ended.

Comment

Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

The Bailey stuff does give me pause. I have no idea why that experiment hasn't ended.
                    It's over. Quine is on JT's right side tonight.

Comment

Wait until it's over, smart.

Just in case you don't know there's sarcasm in the post.

Comment

What is up with these lines?

Comment

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...51908114792449

#Isles recall Tanner Fritz from BPT.

Comment

https://twitter.com/brendanmburke/st...53516957532161

#Isles giving Tanner Fritz a shot. Two years ago he spent half the season in the ECHL. Now he’s 5th in the AHL in scoring and on an NHL roster. Good for him. Sends a good message too. https://t.co/UyeUA1UlWg

Comment

I'm just hoping for better than Bernier!
                              THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Working...
                              X