• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Staple, Andrew Gross, & Other Isles Media Coverage

Arthur Staple@StapeNewsday 2h2 hours ago
    Arthur Staple Retweeted SiriusXM NHL Network
    Talking #Isles around 9:45...
    Arthur Staple added,
    SiriusXM NHL Network @SiriusXMNHL Friday @SiriusXMNHL HOCKEY TODAY: @NHL Colin Campbell, Tony Esposito, @Bernieparent @Jgardiner272 Matt Loughlin, @KenKalDRW & @StapeNewsday

Does this guy ever ask a tough question?
    "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Lots to discuss here. When get time I will post the appropriate pieces in the correct threads.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/column...des-1.10924722

Thoughts on Islanders as preseason concludes

WASHINGTON -- Some thoughts after Sunday's final preseason game and evening roster moves:
      "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
        Lots to discuss here. When get time I will post the appropriate pieces in the correct threads.
        He pretty much says Pulock will sit for Strait - which is just not a good situation and is a sure way to get the fans riled early. The Boulton situation is unacceptable. If he's so important to the locker room, then make him a coach. Wasting a roster spot on him is just criminal, especially considering the Petrov situation.
        The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
          Does this guy ever ask a tough question?
          He is a mouth-piece for Snow. Good dog Arthur.

Comment

FWIW (not much)

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...89681469419520

Metro: 1. CBJ; 2. WSH; 3. NYI; 4. NYR; 5. PIT; 6. PHI; 7. NJ; 8. CAR.
            I'm not posting his other predictions; 1 minute of my life I won't get back!

Comment

I believe that as it stands today - I agree with his picks. PIT is overrated. Rag$ - not so much this year. I think NYI makes playoffs as a 5-7 seed ....

Comment

While I think Columbus is a good team, I'm not sold on their defense at all. I truly think the Isles could be not just #1 in the division, but could go neck and neck with TB for the conference.

Comment

Columbus is an interesting team. They were great down the stretch when they were finally healthy. However, they had a lot of turnover and for some reason wanted David Clarkson. I think their season hinges a lot on Bob staying healthy. If he does, I think they take the top spot unless our special teams are special in a good way this season.

Comment

The Isles are the best team in the division. Unfortunately, they have the worst coach.

Comment

http://thehockeywriters.com/very-ear...-observations/

Islanders Very Early Season Observations

After months of complaining about the move to the Barclays Center, the 2015-16 New York Islanders campaign has finally begun. Just like the ice at Barclays, the season has started a little choppy. Here are a few observations that have caught my eye.

Biggest issue in my opinion
                      Power Play

The Islanders carried over their atrocious power play from last postseason vs the Washington Capitals into the first two games of this season. The Islanders’ cure for their power play woes…the Winnipeg Jets, who were shorthanded a league-high 308 times last season. The Islanders took advantage of the Jets inability to stay out of the box with two power play goals. New York peppered Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec with 10 shots on 4 power plays in the first period. The Isles took advantage of the lively Barclays Center boards during Monday’s game as Ryan Strome fired home the first power play goal off of Kyle Okposo’s shot/pass. Another observation, defensemen Nick Leddy and Johnny Boychuk need to be on the top unit, not newly acquired Marek Zidlicky and an extra forward.

Comment

Not sure where to put this but, USA Today has the Islanders logo rated the 10th best logo in the NHL:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/best...eafs-canadiens

Now, Edmonton is 5th but I think the Islanders logo is just as nice, if not better, than the Oilers logo. So, in case Yormark gets any more ideas of changing the uniform or logo, he needs to see this on his twitter page.

Comment

Originally posted by ndh41 View Post
                          Not sure where to put this but, USA Today has the Islanders logo rated the 10th best logo in the NHL:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/best...eafs-canadiens

Now, Edmonton is 5th but I think the Islanders logo is just as nice, if not better, than the Oilers logo. So, in case Yormark gets any more ideas of changing the uniform or logo, he needs to see this on his twitter page.
                          I've hated the ranger's logo since before I was taught to hate it.

I think the Red Wings and Black Hawks are two of the best uniforms in all of sports. As far as new school unis go, I love Tampa's whites.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbomb View Post

I've hated the ranger's logo since before I was taught to hate it.

I think the Red Wings and Black Hawks are two of the best uniforms in all of sports. As far as new school unis go, I love Tampa's whites.
                            I know I'm being biased, but I always said the Islanders have one of the best uniforms in the league, especially when we switched over to the current ones and the only reason no one purchased Islanders gear was because we were bad for so long.

Agreed, I love the Blackhawks uniforms and the Wings too, but I also love Montreal and Toronto's as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ndh41 View Post

I know I'm being biased, but I always said the Islanders have one of the best uniforms in the league, especially when we switched over to the current ones and the only reason no one purchased Islanders gear was because we were bad for so long.
                              You can be biased and still be right.

"We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Working...
                              X