No announcement yet.

Arthur Staple, Andrew Gross, Brett Cyrgalis, & Other Isles Media Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladd has just got to go. This guy is taking worthless to new levels, which is an impressive statement coming from an Islanders fan.
    The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Beau was my first reaction as well but........with further thought it would not surprise me if it was JHS
      Does JHS stand for Junior High School Attitude ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
        Ladd has just got to go. This guy is taking worthless to new levels, which is an impressive statement coming from an Islanders fan.
        I so agree, but unfortunately don't see it happening until the CBA expires and then you can do a compliance buy out.

Comment

• Sounds like Thompson expects Bellows to fight for a spot in the NHL this season. That sure would help.

https://theathletic.com/1146928/2019...est-prospects/

Brent Thompson Q&A: Sound Tigers coach on what he sees in the Islanders’ brightest prospects

Brent Thompson enters his seventh season as Bridgeport head coach. Along with assistants Eric Boguniecki and Matt Carkner, the Sound Tigers staff has remained intact through the end of Garth Snow’s tenure as Islanders general manager and now into Lou Lamoriello’s second year as GM. Thompson, 48, runs the Islanders prospect camps and will be back at the Northwell Health Ice Center rink in less than three weeks to run the prospects through another several days of workouts before the full team training camp begins.

The Athletic caught up with Thompson last week, as he was on his way to Bridgeport’s practice rink to skate with his two sons — Tage, a 2016 first-round pick who plays for the Sabres, and Tyce, who was picked in the fourth round by the Devils this past June and will be a sophomore at Providence.

For Thompson’s thoughts on Josh Ho-Sang, check out this piece from last week. Below he discusses Oliver Wahlstrom, Bode Wilde, Otto Koivula, Kieffer Bellows and his one NHL goal, which was set up by The Great One.
          “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

• Sebastian Aho knows what it’s like to play in the NHL. And the 23-year-old diminutive defenseman knows what it will take to make it back to the Islanders’ roster. “You can’t afford to have an off-nigh

Comment

• https://www.nhl.com/news/new-york-is...on/c-309020386

Islanders concerned with results, not predictions

Expect to remain playoff contender despite quiet offseason, improvements in division

The New York Islanders are well aware of what is being said about their chances in the Metropolitan Division after the abundance of moves made by teams around them during the offseason.

It's similar to what they heard 12 months ago, when they were predicted to finish at or near the bottom of the NHL standings. Instead, the Islanders finished with 103 points and advanced to the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

"You know what? They said that last year, and we did OK," coach Barry Trotz said at the Islanders Children Foundation Golf Outing at Bethpage State Park on Tuesday. "I'm not too worried. The one thing you learn is that everybody's an expert when they're not in the fight. Everybody has an opinion, and they're not really worth anything, they're just opinions. [It's] like me having an opinion on Wall Street; I don't have any expertise there.

"But I know we just worry about ourselves. If we worry about ourselves, we're going to win hockey games. This team is strong, it has a strong foundation, it's got strong character. It's got a lot of the good pieces that good teams have. We've had success."

Comment

• Gotta Love the Trotz!

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyD View Post
                  Gotta Love the Trotz!
                  My favorite coach of all time.

Comment

• Training camp marks the start of the season’s journey. But the Islanders are really hoping the preseason tinkering and tryouts just lead to building off last season’s foundation rather than a total re

Comment

• The New York Islanders have had six majority owners groups buy the team throughout their 47 season history. Who was the best?

Comment

• More like who sucked the least.
                        "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• https://theathletic.com/1186105/2019...rce=dailyemail

Pronman: Top 124 NHL prospects entering the 2019-20 season

What follows are my rankings of the best prospects outside the NHL, serving as a conclusion to the summer series looking at the talent in each NHL organization. This is just the top skaters; the goaltenders were ranked separately.

Here I re-introduce tools grades on the 20-80 scale that were not present in the farm rankings, grading skating, puck skills, physicality and hockey sense for every player. I only grade the shot if it is notably good or poor. In this scale, 50 projects as pro average, 55 as above-average, 60 top third, 70 as elite and 80 as among the very best; 45 is below-average and 40 is fringe pro quality.
                          Dobson came in at #20 in the "High End NHL Prospect" category, which came after "Special" (Jack Hughes and Kakko), and "Elite" (which starts with Cole Makar). Last year he was #36.

1. Noah Dobson, D, New York Islanders

Jan. 7, 2000 | 6-foot-3 | 183 pounds

Drafted: 12th-overall (2018)
                          Previous ranking: 36

Skating: 55
                          Puck Skills: 55
                          Physical Game: 60
                          Hockey sense: 60
                          Shot Grade: 60

Dobson had as good a season as you could have hoped for as a fan of the Islanders. He was dominant in the QMJHL, anchoring the QMJHL and CHL champion. He was very good at the world juniors for Canada, as well. Dobson is a five-tool prospect. He’s 6-foot-3, he’s mobile, he has skill with the puck, he has great hockey sense and he has a big shot. Because of his sense, skating and size, he can defend size and speed very well. I think he will be a tough minutes defenseman in the NHL. I also underrated his offensive game last season. He can make seam plays, his skill isn’t amazing, but he has 1-on-1 ability. He may not be a true first power play type, but he could spot there. There is no visible weakness in his game, just a bunch of strengths.
                          Wahlstrom came in at #67 under "Very Good". Last year he was #13.

Koivula is #73, he was not ranked last year.

Bode Wilde is #91 under the "Very Good/Legit" category. He was #57 last year.

Bellows is #104 after coming in at #46 last year.

Comment

• wow... seems like we got a stud here

Comment

Working...
                            X