• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
    Crosby Apologist writer
    Wow did this age badly.

Comment

• https://nypost.com/2019/04/14/it-is-...what-they-are/

It is time to start treating the Islanders for what they are

PITTSBURGH — Just a ho-hum Sunday afternoon, the Islanders strolling around the visiting locker room, having postgame snacks, chatting about the Masters. No celebration, no blaring music, no big grins — nothing that would indicate they are the verge of sweeping the Penguins.

This is the way these Islanders have done business all season under Lou Lamoriello, so there was not even a shadow of pomp and circumstance surrounding their 4-1 win in Game 3 of their first-round playoff series that put them up in the best-of-seven contest, 3-0. Maybe they won’t win Game 4 here Tuesday night, but the odds of them losing the series are now minuscule — small only because Pittsburgh looks like a defeated team. Or, more appropriately, the Islanders have sucked all the life out of Sidney Crosby & Co.
      Best part of the article

The idea that everyone has to have a neat haircut and be clean-shaven (during the regular season, at least) is not about the aesthetic, but about discipline. For a franchise that was run like a buddies club with a rich uncle occasionally pulling the purse strings for 12 years, there is now rampant professionalism.
      “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
        Love the line about how the organization used to be run like a buddies club with a rich uncle controlling the purse strings.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrlbem View Post

Love the line about how the organization used to be run like a buddies club with a rich uncle controlling the purse strings.
          That's the best part!

Comment

That is awesome.

Comment

Have to check with 31GOALIE31 to see if the Country Club is dead !

Emoji Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post

Have to check with 31GOALIE31 to see if the Country Club is dead !

Emoji Time

Died the second Lou & Barry arrived and Garth was pushed out the door.

Comment

• Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

Died the second Lou & Barry arrived and Garth was pushed out the door.
                  Head office moved the country club to Toronto
                  THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

It only took someone 20 years to write what we have been saying.
                    The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post

It only took someone 20 years to write what we have been saying.
                      That's Cyrgalis. He's not as delicate as most other writers.

Comment

That's Cyrgalis. He's not as delicate as most other writers.
                        Problem is.. NOW they are writing this. Where were all these comments when Garth was there? No one in the media held this organization accountable.

Comment

• https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/3470550002/

One of the writers picks the Isles to win the cup.
                          The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                            https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/3470550002/

One of the writers picks the Isles to win the cup.
                            NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

We like being the underdog!

Comment

• A victory for the New York Islanders was a wave goodbye for the summer to the Coliseum. The Islanders completed the first-round sweep of the Penguins by way of a 3-1 win in Game 4 on Tuesday night in Pittsburgh, so there will be no more postseason games this year at the Coliseum. As decided by the NHL, the club will play its home games for the second round — and any other rounds necessary — at Barclays Center, where they haven’t played a regular-season game since Feb. 16.

Comment

• Since this is going to be a source of a lot of discussion both here and on social media, I am going to say this now.

Yes, the Coliseum is more of a home advantage for us. Yes, most fans would prefer to keep the remaining games at the Coliseum. Myself included.

BUT - that is not happening. We are at Barclays for as long as we stay alive in these playoffs. And let's please remember, the atmosphere in Barclays during the 2016 playoffs was superb. The place was full and rocking. I was there for 3 games - game 3 against Florida, and games 3 and 4 against Tampa. To me if felt like we were at the Coliseum. And I was not even at game 6 of the Florida series.

Matty Marts would seem to agree with me.

“I’ll be honest with you, I enjoyed Barclays Center in the playoffs,” Martin said. “Our fans filled it up and made the noise and made it loud. They’ll be doing that again, I guarantee it.”
                                We can help the players by filling the building and being loud like at the Coliseum. I hope there are not fans out there who are going to call for a boycott or something dumb like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X