Clear All

• Thomas Hickey

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...82620143640576

No Hickey, no Halak on the ice today.

http://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/stat...04477341261825

Hickey out four weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbomb View Post
      I am really not THAT upset, because this gives Pulock a shot right out of the gate.

Comment

Unless Strait gets his spot. Staple points out that Strait is a LH shot and is the natural choice to replace.

Comment

Unless Strait gets his spot. Staple points out that Strait is a LH shot and is the natural choice to replace.
          Yeah, I know that Jack loves Strait, but I would imagine a vet like Zidlicky can flip to his off side. It's the perfect opportunity to see where Pulock is at and get him through the inevitable growing pains early in the season.

Comment

I would try to sign Vishnovski. You could then waive Strait once Hickey is back, or maybe someone else is injured, etc. We are short on LD, and once Barzal goes down, we'll be down to 47 contracts, so the room is there. Pullock should come up to replace an injured RD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
              I would try to sign Vishnovski. You could then waive Strait once Hickey is back, or maybe someone else is injured, etc. We are short on LD, and once Barzal goes down, we'll be down to 47 contracts, so the room is there. Pullock should come up to replace an injured RD.
              I'd love to sign Viz now, especially if it meant Strait was going, but I think he would end up pushing Pulock out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                Now that is a good idea. At this point I bet he would sign cheap, too.

Comment

I'd love to sign Viz now, especially if it meant Strait was going, but I think he would end up pushing Pulock out.
                  Maybe in the short run but someone is always hurt, Pulock will get his chance.

Comment

If they bring back Viz cheap, the bottom three on D are Hickey, Zidlicky and Visnovsky, Strait is 8 and Pulock goes to Bridgeport. Snow loves defensemen and won't waive one for nothing just because.

Comment

Just as I finally tuned into the game last night I heard the call that Hickey threw a nice check and knocked someone down. I didn't hear his name after that. At least I don't think so ... I'm guessing he hurt his shoulder on the hit.

Comment

Our own KPMats getting called out. LOL.
                        Brian Compton@BComptonNHL 3h3 hours ago
                        #Isles have placed D Thomas Hickey on injured reserve.
                        @BComptonNHL YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!

12:03 PM - 2 Oct 2015

Brian Compton@BComptonNHL 47m47 minutes ago
                        Brian Compton Retweeted Keith Mattei
                        Are you cheering an injury? Please say no.
                        Last edited by gazaroog; 10-02-2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

LOL!!!

Comment

KP needs an avatar!!

Comment

The sad thing about this is, Hickey is being replaced by Strait of course, so there is no celebration to this news.

Comment

Working...
                              X