No announcement yet.

“Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum Presented By New York Community Bank”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know everyone wants more games at Nassau. I get it. The thing I don't want to have to suffer through is the inevitable complaining about how we can't even get 11k people when we play the Ducks on a random Tuesday in December or January.

If every social media Isles fan we're to shut up about that, I wouldn't care. However, I know there will be discussions all over and people pissed at the media laughing at us.

It comes down to two choices: you limit games at Nassau so they sell out or people accept we are not going to be at 90%+ filled every game and ignore the media losers who will do nothing but point it out every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post
      I know everyone wants more games at Nassau. I get it. The thing I don't want to have to suffer through is the inevitable complaining about how we can't even get 11k people when we play the Ducks on a random Tuesday in December or January.

If every social media Isles fan we're to shut up about that, I wouldn't care. However, I know there will be discussions all over and people pissed at the media laughing at us.

It comes down to two choices: you limit games at Nassau so they sell out or people accept we are not going to be at 90%+ filled every game and ignore the media losers who will do nothing but point it out every time.
      The Barclays Center will be fairly empty in October - and there is a premium to hosting Isles games at BC - because the Nets are not competing for dates and the NYI can make more $$ at those games.

The Krew no longer cares about what the media says. He cares about winning. The Krew does understand the business implications of making more money for the team in BKLYN. However, where are the future customers going to come from? Hopefully both the City and LI. The Krew DOES feel the NVMC gives us more of an intimidating advantage. That should not go unused. The Krew does NOT like going to games in Brooklyn - except when he has time. If the Krew lived in Brooklyn - he would be more inclined to enjoy it. However - the arena SUCKS ( except for where we sat for the playoffs - that was AWESOME - there are actually some good seats in Brooklyn - just not enough of them)

The Krew supposes - at the end of the day - does it matter too much at this point ? People will vote with their feet. The Krew hopes that the past season had a positive impact on ticket sales. It should have.

The Krew is coming around with the wise persons who said here and in other forums - "The MVP if the team is the crane operator who digs the first load of dirt in Elmont for the new building".....

For it is this prospect - the the Krew has (by and large) stopped complaining about Brooklyn. Hasn't he?

He will leave that up to 31GOALIE31

People who vote with their feet won at the end of the day and the team will be coming back home permanently to a new building. This gives us a chance to win and be profitable and all that.

The Krew was bored so we just started to write.....sorry for the rant !

Comment

• All I was saying is I'm sick of the back and forth nonsense about the buildings and the negatives of both. I really hope if a shovel goes in the ground this summer, people focus solely in that and not on the ridiculousness of the buildings we are using.

Comment

All I was saying is I'm sick of the back and forth nonsense about the buildings and the negatives of both. I really hope if a shovel goes in the ground this summer, people focus solely in that and not on the ridiculousness of the buildings we are using.
          The bottom line is that we are in limbo and there is no good answer unless and until Belmont is actually built and we move there. Even a shovel in the ground is not going to end the ongoing melodrama. It might calm it down, but it won't end it.
          “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

I know everyone wants more games at Nassau. I get it. The thing I don't want to have to suffer through is the inevitable complaining about how we can't even get 11k people when we play the Ducks on a random Tuesday in December or January.

The lesson?...........stay off social media except this board of course
            THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I agree 110%. Under that scenario they had better be playing all playoff rounds at the Coliseum.

And for that matter under that scenario why bother with 10 games at Barclays Just move the entire season back to the Coliseum.
              I was told that's a possibility for the same exact logic you use.

Comment

The problem is that the crowd at Barclays is 11K every night and the suites are empty. You can also charge more per seat at the Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

The lesson?...........stay off social media except this board of course
                  Because we haven't had epic throwdowns over attendance on this board? Sorry, we have.

And while it's not even close to an extreme post, I point you to the one above this one as a reference to what has previously been posted and likely will be posted again.

Comment

Because we haven't had epic throwdowns over attendance on this board? Sorry, we have.

And while it's not even close to an extreme post, I point you to the one above this one as a reference to what has previously been posted and likely will be posted again.
                    Ya I don't enter those conversations
                    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Ya I don't enter those conversations
                      Smart man.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
                        From my source. The amount of games at the Coliseum next year could be pushing towards 30 now. I'll let you know if I hear more.
                        Thanks for the update.

Comment

• Let me be the first to say that had the Canes' home games been played at Nassau Coliseum, rather than in Raleigh, this series would be tied.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrlbem View Post
                            Let me be the first to say that had the Canes' home games been played at Nassau Coliseum, rather than in Raleigh, this series would be tied.
                            Nah - you mean the Hartford Civic Center !!!

Were you at that game at the Coliseum in March when the Bruins beat the snot out of us ? The Krew thought they were unbelieveable that night and they played a similar game tonight. Well deserved. Canes just were not able to establish their forecheck and we wonder how the Leafs took them to 7

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post

Nah - you mean the Hartford Civic Center !!!

Were you at that game at the Coliseum in March when the Bruins beat the snot out of us ? The Krew thought they were unbelieveable that night and they played a similar game tonight. Well deserved. Canes just were not able to establish their forecheck and we wonder how the Leafs took them to 7
                              Nah, Coliseum. Calvin de Haan said so. And he wouldn't lie.

Comment

• How have your spending habits in Isles games change after the team returned from Barclays to Coliseum? (i.e: amount of concession you buy per game with less travel)?

Comment

Working...
                                X